Lap Band Results

luloo
on 9/20/07 7:54 am
I'm scheduled to have the lap band surgery in November. I'm curious to hear from people who've had it. How is it working for you? What were you surprised with, what was just as you thought? How was your recovery? How fast did you go back to work? How was your pain? How are you feeling now?
Shell Marr
on 9/20/07 9:37 am
Lap Band on 06/21/07 with
I LOVE my band...  You can read my blog on my profile.... I'm an open book!
high351/pre307.5/day of surgery 294.4/dr goal 187/my goal 175  

Amber S.
on 10/17/07 3:34 am - Tacoma, WA
How do you get those little ticker things to appear at the bottom of your posts marking how far your weight loss has come??
lorisb
on 9/20/07 1:52 pm - Vancouver, WA
I, too, love my band.  I have been successful with it and am thrilled with the results. I was banded almost two years ago and it has been a great experience. What was I surprised with?  The range of emotions I'd deal with post-op.  It was challenging trying to figure out the role food played in my new life.  And I missed food more than I thought I would.  I'm happy to report that I'm now able to eat most of the food I choose to eat and have very few foods I can't tolerate (like the ultra-doughy white bread). How was my recovery?  Not too bad.  I could have returned back to work after a week but I also felt very weak so I don't know if I would have been able to last all day.  I think it depends on your work and activity levels. Pain was fairly manageable.  The gas pains were the worst because only time really helped those.  I did take gas-x and others swear by walking and using a heating pad.  Honestly, I think it was time that helped the most.  I did notice taking gas-x, though. How am I feeling now?  Incredible!  I'm down almost 75 pounds and I'm also a very slow loser. Whatever you do, don't compare yourself to anyone else or to RNYrs or other surgery types.  It will disappoint you.  You'll lose at your own rate if you follow the rules. I love my band and have no regrets. Lori
luloo
on 9/20/07 1:56 pm
Thanks for your insight. I'm just starting the journey so hearing personal experiences is really helpful. I know I'll be happy with it, just seems so overwhelming right now.
rocknrobin
on 9/22/07 9:34 am - Vancouver, WA
I had my lap band on July 13th of this year. I am extremely glad I did it. So far I have lost about 40 lbs., but more than that, I am finally feeling like maybe this time I will be totally successful with my weight loss and getting my eating under control. I am satisfied with eating way less, I don't have the cravings I have had in the past, and I feel great. I know I may have some road blocks along the way, but so far things are looking good. I'm not looking to get way skinny - a size 12 would be perfect. My surgery was very easy, I was home the same day and back to work within a week. I had a lot of gas pain that collected in my shoulder. That was the worst. It took about a week for it to work its way out. I only took my pain meds for a few days because they made me feel really whacked out, and the only pain I really had was my shoulder. Good luck. You will get lots of info on this board, but sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming. Take care, Robin
"It is not what you are that holds you back, but what you think you are not."
 Start/current/goal
273/198/150
celinejen
on 10/2/07 9:03 am - Kirkland, WA
I love my band. Let me preface this is my first time in this particular section, I didn't even know we had our own section ( I'm excited ) I've been doing really well with the band and I'm 13 pounds away from my goal weight. What was I surprised with? How little time it would take me to lose all this weight is what surprized me. I was back to work after 5 days. I had pain the first few days and then I was walking around as if nothing happened. I'm in the best shape in my whole life, I will preface that excersize has had a HUGE role in my losing all this weight.

From: 216  Now: 125   From: 38C Now: 32B From: Size 16  Now: Size 6

Most Active