Looking for a PCP for follow up care RNY

Jennifer W.
on 9/18/07 10:32 am - Kimberly, OR
Does anyone in Vancouver Washington/Portland Oregon area know of a PCP who's accepting new patients... willing to do pre-op and follow up care for RNY? I will be going to Mexico for the surgery in January (NO HATERS PLEASE). Many doctors are willing to provide pre and post op care for patients going SOTB due to insurance and cost. I would just like to get a referral. Thanks, Jen
podunker
on 9/21/07 10:44 am - Washougal, WA
Don't know if they are taking patients or not or if one of their docs would do pre and post, but do know the docs there are terrific. Try Family Wellness Center on Tech Center Drive. I went there for several years and they were always a top notch bunch.
Jennifer W.
on 9/22/07 3:04 am - Kimberly, OR
Thanks. I am familiar with Family Wellness Center, because some of my senior residents are seen by the doctors there. However, they suggested I see a local USA doctor and were not thrilled with the idea of having to correct another doctors (Mexican) doctors mistakes because of the increased liability insurance.  I know there are MANY nice clinics and doctors in the area. But as soon as ya mention Mexico, they get quiet. I have worked in the medical industry since 1988 and truthfully have seen such corruption over insurance and costs that it sickens me. I think so many doctors have broken the Hipocratic Oath which they are supposed to swear by after completing medical school.  I have spoke with Jim Beimer, MD from Portland who has his own practice. I think he's the one. Thanks to OH, I was able to find him!! Jen

podunker
on 9/22/07 6:05 am - Washougal, WA
Glad to hear you may have someone. I can just imagine you are treated like a leper when they hear Mexican doctor. Anyway good luck to you. Karen
Most Active