New to the group and new to Washington

southerngrl
on 9/12/07 5:06 am - Mt Vernon, WA
I am going today to my 2 hour seminar with Dr. Weber and the office staff told me they will be bringing the Appt book there so we can book our first appt. I was wondering if any of you that went to Dr Weber can give me any suggestions or advice  for my visits. I want to get my surgery ASAP but I know there are many steps to take before it will happen. My mother had the WLS 2 yrs ago and has lost over 150 pds and doesnt have one regret. I hope that I will be the same way but I know that i am tired of looking and feeling the way I do now. I am glad to have found this website and appreciate all your help,love and support. Love and Prayers Melissa
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 9/12/07 8:23 am, edited 9/12/07 8:23 am - WA
You might want to attend a support group meeting, I host one the 2nd tuesday of each month in Auburn. We will be doing taste testing in October. Give me a call for directions (253) 939-8865 Merrilou
southerngrl
on 9/13/07 5:58 am - Mt Vernon, WA
Merrilou, Thank you for the invite,that was very kind of you. I am not sure where auburn is but I will look to see if it is close to me ~Melissa
A H.
on 9/12/07 12:43 pm
Revision on 02/09/12
Welcome, Melissa, and congrats on deciding to get surgery! I know nothing of Dr. Weber, but good luck with the process! -Amanda

Band (09/07) removed, revised to sleeve 2/9/12.

southerngrl
on 9/13/07 6:02 am, edited 9/13/07 6:03 am - Mt Vernon, WA
Amanda, Thank you for welcoming me to the group and forum. I met the Doc last night and he seems like a great guy. I am excited but nervous at the same time,just have to stay focused. ~Melissa
Suzanne_G
on 9/13/07 4:22 am - Spokane Valley, WA
HI Melissa Welcome to the group! I dont know Dr Weber. Where are you located? Im in spokane.  Enjoy the site, its great.  People dont post on the WA boards too often..but there are RNY boards and the main board too. (assuming youre having rny) Good luck! Suzanne
southerngrl
on 9/13/07 6:05 am - Mt Vernon, WA
Suzanne, Thank you, I live in the Sedro Wooley/Burlington area. So any regrets with having the procedure? ~Melissa
Suzanne_G
on 9/13/07 6:11 am - Spokane Valley, WA
NO regrets.   Its only been 4 months and I feel like a new person.   (had a rough go of it, from week 6 to 12) so be careful with what you try while your at that 6 week healing time. I was a lightweight when this process started.  My high weight was 230.  had to lose 20lbs to have the surgery, etc.  But ive gone from a size 20 to a size 14!  Still have about 50lbs to lose.  Im halfway there! Good luck.  Hope everything goes wonderfully for you. Suzanne ps..Take your measurements!  when the scales are not moving, seems to be when the inches melt off.   It will keep you modivated.
southerngrl
on 9/13/07 6:56 am - Mt Vernon, WA

That sounds great on moving from a larger size to smaller,seems over the past years I have been going higher and that is depressing.If it all gets approved I am going to take pictures and measurements so I will always have a reminder of where I began. I hope I can get the surgey by December.

~Melissa

lorisb
on 9/13/07 1:30 pm - Vancouver, WA
Welcome, Melissa!  I can't help with too many of your questions but I just wanted to say hi. Lori
Most Active