New to group

kit_n_fish
on 9/6/07 8:52 am - KENT, WA
Hello!  I came across this group tonight after coming home from my first appt. with surgeon.  I had my mind and my heart set on having the Lab band surgery, but my doctor says that with my diabetes, sleep apnea, and all the rest-he suggests i have the Roux-en-Y Bypass Proximal instead?  Beacuse of the pressure in my stomach area (where i carry most of my weight).  Any thoughts on this  or any encouraging words from anybody who has had this procedure lately?   Sort of apprehensive now :-(
Suzanne_G
on 9/7/07 12:45 am - Spokane Valley, WA
hi Teresa.. welcome to the boards.  I had RNY 4 months ago (today).  Dr's do seem to like it best for getting rid of diabetes.  Im a lightweight by weight loss standards, so lose fairly slow..but still happy with what ive done.   I actually went to a conference on Lap Band, because its what i thought i wanted..but I left knowing it wasnt for me.   (but i understand, the idea of the surgery is a bit scarey.)  Not sure what i felt more..excitement i could get it.. or discouraged that i was actually heavy enough to qualify. What part of the state are you in? Im in spokane.  Start attending support groups now.. You'll learn alot. Good luck! Suzanne
girlwcurl
on 9/9/07 3:00 pm - spokane, WA
welcome- roux-en-y is by far a superior procedure in my opinion you dont have to worry about that band growing into your insides and having ireversible damage-
A H.
on 9/10/07 11:12 am
Revision on 02/09/12
I apologize in advance, because I am not trying to be a ***** but I'd really like it if we kept our surgery judgments to ourselves on this forum, especially when they are't relevant to the topic. This is a forum for Washington folks, we have all chosen the surgery that we think is best, I won't talk about how horrific and irreversible RNY is if you keep your Lap Band opinions to yourself. Teresa, welcome to the forum. Sorry for my posts on your welcome thread, but they just struck a nerve.
Shell Marr
on 9/10/07 4:20 am
Lap Band on 06/21/07 with
Welcome to the group Teresa...
high351/pre307.5/day of surgery 294.4/dr goal 187/my goal 175  

Most Active