New Here

Amberbear31
on 8/23/07 1:18 am - Federal Way, WA
Hi! I have been reading the boards here for a couple weeks, but this is my first post. Lapband scheduled for 9/06/07, just started my liquid/protein/vitamin diet. I am in Federal Way, WA as is my Surgeon, Dr. Oh. I am looking for local support groups... missed Vitalady's and Dennis/Marilou's is 5 days post op for me. Also seeking those who wish to impart wisdom or just hang out and chat. My e-mail is [email protected] put "Lapband buddy" in the subject line! Thanks!
Amber

Band Removed 6/17/08
Sleeve gastrectomy 6/27/11
vitalady
on 8/23/07 11:03 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
This month we had 3 one week post-op patients at meetings! You might be feeling absolutely dandy!

We had several bands at both meetings, new and further out. It's a good way to meet ppl you can really relate to.

Where do you live?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Amberbear31
on 8/24/07 3:04 pm - Federal Way, WA
It was really nice to meet you and your husband yesterday! I definitely received a more broad education on the process and new lifestyle from you. Looking forward to attending one of your meetings. Thanks again.
Amber

Band Removed 6/17/08
lorisb
on 8/25/07 8:01 am - Vancouver, WA
Good luck on your upcoming surgery.  I don't go to any formal support groups in my area and haven't had any issues because of it. Just wanted to wish you a good surgical adventure! Lori
Amberbear31
on 9/2/07 3:14 pm - Federal Way, WA
thank you, Lori! Only 4 days to go now.
Amber

Band Removed 6/17/08
Most Active