Boeing Regence BlueShield ins

Mrs-stick
on 8/17/07 3:27 pm - Orting, WA

Hi to all I wonder if anyone has been able to have the lap-band surgery approved through Boeings Regence Ins?

I Like this quote I dislike this quoteWhy compare yourself with others? No one in the entire world can do a better job of being you than you.?

Triumphantc1
on 8/17/07 3:45 pm - Tacoma, WA
Yes, you will if you meet the criterias. As of January 1, 2007, the Boeing Regence Insurance does cover the Lap-Band procedure. I was approved, but changed to a different type. GREAT day !!!
Mrs-stick
on 8/18/07 9:02 am - Orting, WA
Thank you so very much for anwsering my question. I am wondering if you might be able to tell me just what the criteria are? Or where I might find them?
Triumphantc1
on 8/22/07 1:52 pm - Tacoma, WA

Yes. They are standard criterias such as, being 100 pounds over weight, 40 plus BMI, have a tried numerous diets or weight lost programs and being unsuccessful in retaining the lost. Lastly, they look at 5 year window of weight history and I forgot co-morbidities.  My doctor is Dr. Jeffrey Hunter at Virginia Mason South. You are welcome to contact his office at 253-874-1664 and talk to Steve his nurse or Katherine Redmon, his associate. God bless you and I hope this helped.

Mrs-stick
on 8/23/07 4:15 am - Orting, WA
For me you have been most helpful. I thank you. I am new to this side of the mountian and I haven't been to see anyone yet.. This worries me as I do not have a Dr.  here that knows me. My BMI is not over 40 but 37. so I need someone that will help me. And not to just go on another diet. 
ashannmax123
on 8/21/07 6:58 am - Kent, WA

Has anyone had luck with Boeing Traditional?

Mrs-stick
on 8/21/07 10:39 am - Orting, WA

We have Boeing Regence selections. I am hoping it will cover it. How far have you gotten with them?

Triumphantc1
on 8/22/07 1:54 pm - Tacoma, WA
Yes. It was very easy for me. My information was submitted in March, 2007 and I was approved in April but changed my mind from the Lap-band to LPRNY and it was approved in June. Keep trying.
Most Active