new insurance covers treatment!!

corinnaq
on 8/27/07 9:07 am - Woodinville, WA
Congrats on the new insurance coverage.  That's just great!! I thought I'd put my two cents in regarding surgery choice.  For me the clincher was sugar.  I have a HUGE sweet tooth and the fact that for many RNY makes it miserable to eat any processed sugar was a big deciding factor for me.  Also you can't tolerate greasy foods very well.  With lapband I could have drank an entire milkshake everyday and it wouldn't have effected me...I know I would have cheated with it.   So like others said, it's a good idea to start a food journal now...not a diet food journal where you are regulating what you eat but just what you would choose to eat on a regular basis so you can see what would work better for you.  You don't have to show it to anyone so be honest it will really help you make your decision! Good luck! Corinna
Kaylynne
on 8/28/07 1:54 pm - ~, WA
Congrats about the insurance!  As far as picking the right surgery, that's a tough one.  Research A LOT!  I started out wanting RNY, but ended up with the band.  Know what did it for me?  Reading the memorials board.  Too scary for me.  Even though this probably isn't a good reason, I also felt that if the band didn't work (and it was much less invasive), I could always to RNY or the sleeve later.  PLUS, I was self pay and the band is cheaper!  lol Good luck with your choice.  There are awesome forums here and I'm sure you'll get tons of great advice!
Kim

I childproofed my whole house, but they STILL get in!

Most Active