Mock Elvis Snack

Geminidream
on 8/14/07 8:16 am - Spokane, WA
(cross post) This isn't a new combination to anybody but me, probably, but it really handled a craving I've had lately. Where I work there are racks of a new Reese's flavored with banana and Elvis' image all over it. I never was one for the big banana-peanut butter sandwich thing but I admit to having tried it once and it *was* really decadent and yummy. Here's today's substitution: Mock Elvis Snack (a meal for me!) 1 brown rice cake 1 tablespoon soynut butter (you can use peanut butter if you are not sensitive to it) 3" of a small banana, sliced Spread the soynut (or peanut) butter atop the rice cake, top with banana slices. Place under broiler and watch carefully till topping starts to melt and bananas just begin to soften and brown. Eat warm and gooey! 166 cal., 24 gr. carbs, 6 gr. fat, 6 gr. protein Being high on the numbers, I wouldn't recommend this for a daily treat but it put that craving to rest very nicely for me. Hope you enjoy if you try it. Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
Shell Marr
on 8/16/07 7:02 am
Lap Band on 06/21/07 with
Maybe I should have this for my snack in honor of the King being gone for 30 years today........ all I need is the banana..  I have not tried a rice cake yet, because I was not sure if it would be too dry for my band???  Maybe I should just stick with the tuna & r/f mayo I had planned?!?!
high351/pre307.5/day of surgery 294.4/dr goal 187/my goal 175  

Geminidream
on 8/17/07 8:03 am - Spokane, WA
Wow, it has been 30 years already? (Can you tell I haven'****ched the news all week?)   If the rice cake might be too dry you could substitute a small or partial tortilla.  I've sworn off wheat products so I didn't even try this with bread but I know a lot of bandsters can eat bread still, do you?  When I had my vbg I eventually did just fine with bread but early on it didn't go through the band very well.  How have you been doing overall?  Hope you are enjoying your summer, it is nice to see all the walks you are planning on doing with your husband.  Wish mine was athletic like that! Molly

Shell Marr
on 8/17/07 8:25 am
Lap Band on 06/21/07 with
LOL  Sometimes I wish I could turn off the news... but I can't... I listen to Kiro when I get ready for work, I get all the email alerts when EVERYTHING happens, and then we watch the news before bed. I did buy some rice cakes but have not tried them yet (I'm chicken) hehehe  I understand that tortillas are hard for bandster (again I'm chicken)... but I've done well with pita bread & humus and toasted wheat bread w/jam, only 1/2 slice. I'm doing pretty darn good...I try to blog everyday on my profile too. Yeah, it's cool hubby is doing these events with me too....BUT he always runs... and I'm just a walker!  I guess I should not say JUST since there was a time... when I would have said, "Are you crazy, i have a date with the couch and remote" How are you... besides AT GOAL!!
high351/pre307.5/day of surgery 294.4/dr goal 187/my goal 175  

Geminidream
on 8/17/07 2:24 pm - Spokane, WA

Glad you amended tht 'just a walker'!  You are doing awesome and deserve big praise not scolding.   I'm having trouble with weekends now that I'm 8 1/2 months out.  Bad habits are attempting to creep back in...I knew they would.  So it is tougher now to stay on program and I am working at developing new strategies to deal with it.  I've done a whole huge batch of cooking today so that I'll have food prepped ahead for the weekend and next week.  I'd gotten away from doing that and it had been so helpful.  Plus, I prepped some fruits and veggies in case I absolutely have to be shoving something into my mouth.  At least it is stuff that won't hurt my daily numbers.  But I've also got a lot of projects planned and a good visit with my sissy  to do some sewing and she will keep me on the straight and narrow.   Actually still losing a bit here and there.  I have weeks when I bounce up too and then go back down.  Have to log my food on sparkpeople.com every single day so I don't lose motivation.   Have a great weekend! Molly

Most Active