Dr. Srikanth, Federal Way

qtmcmom
on 8/9/07 6:25 am

After 5 years of research, I've made the decision to have WLS. I found myself stalled at the surgeon finding stage, as there are quite a few good ones to choose from in Western WA. I just pushed forwards and am now leaning towards Dr. Srikanth in Federal Way. I was wondering if anyone out there used him, or had experience or other knowledge of him? If so, could you please share with me? I am so nervous that I'll pick the wrong doc! I am looking for 1) excellent surgeon; 2) Great education and aftercare; and 3) majority of patients with good long term results. While I do hope for a doc that sees me as a person rather than a number, good personality and bedside manner are a plus but not on the top list of priorities (many good surgeons do lack in that area, so I'd not be put off by it if that is the case). Any thoughts?

kimmee2k
on 8/10/07 2:33 pm - Phoenix, AZ
my coworker had dr srikanth and loves him. She has a profile on here but i dont know the name. I will have to get it and let her email you. give me your home email address and ill give it to her and she will be glad to share her experience with you. Kim
qtmcmom
on 8/11/07 6:45 am, edited 10/23/11 2:18 am
That would be great Kim, thanks!
Regards,                                  HIGHEST / CURRENTCURRENT GOAL / FINAL GOAL
Lisa
                                                        361            202               195                    175

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength. ~ Philippians 4:13

princess311
on 8/11/07 10:15 am - WA

Dr. Srikanth is my Dr.  He did my surgery last month.  He is a great guy.  Full of compassion and he really cares.  If you want to know more send me and offline message.

kimmee2k
on 8/11/07 10:37 am - Phoenix, AZ
I will call her now and give her your email. Kim
vitalady
on 8/11/07 1:45 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
You might want to come to Puyallup support group this week, Tues and/Wed and meet some of his longer term patients. Many surgeons' patients come here, but you can usually count on some Dr. S ones.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

sasp
on 8/12/07 11:20 am

I have also made the decision to have wls and I know alot of people who have had it in the past with some of the dr.' s in federal way and I would recomend looking deep into who they worked with and have worked with in the past. I would recomend looking up north and down south at all the opptions that are out there. Look on the lapband.com site for the Dr. and how many they do a year because experience is very important, Some of the Dr.' s are also involved in teaching to other Dr.'s

A H.
on 8/15/07 2:14 pm
Revision on 02/09/12
Dr. Srikanth is my doctor too, I am having my surgery in about a month. I really like him so far, he is really nice and funny and seems to genuinely care. I also looked into Dr. Oh, went to one of his seminars. I think he is a great doctor but his personality didn't really mesh with me, and I didn't like how pushy he was about RNY because I wanted my Dr. to be very supportive of my choice to get the band. I also wanted someone very experienced with the band, because it seems the complication risk goes up quite a bit with doctors who are inexperienced. Dr. Srikanth has performed the band in sweden before it was FDA approved in the US, and then performed some of the first surgeries here in Washington. i know it sounds like a plug, it wasn't.. it's just some of the things I looked for in a surgeon. Dr. Srikanth is very supportive of whichever method you choose, and has done thousands of surgeries. He'd be a great choice for whichever surgery you choose... I haven't had mine yet, but I have heard nothing but good things about him, and the process leading up to my surgery has been good too. The only thing that is negative is that their office is super busy so I have had to be proactive in getting my appointments and things set up. But they have always had time to talk to me and answer all my neurotic questions. I had my consultation on July 23 and just got scheduled for surgery today for 9/18. So my process has been pretty quick. Feel free to track my progress or send me a PM if you want more info.
Most Active