Home from surgery

cfidecaro
on 8/6/07 3:03 am - Snohomish, WA

Hi to all.. I had my bypass surgery on 8/1 and have been home for 3 days. There are so many things going on that it is hard to tell all.  I find right now that it takes me almost an hour to take all the meds and vitamins. I struggle with trying to figure out what to eat...as I don't want to throw up or have dumping. On that note can someone please advise on this, and what is normal. Right now I am worried to even pass gas! To all of Dr Boch's future patients he is fantastic! I am glad I seleted him.  Since 6/25 I am down 25pounds!~

Jeffrey Welch
on 8/11/07 9:31 am - Seattle, WA
Focus on healing, rest, and getting your body better. Dont' worry about the time it takes to eat and take pills - you need it right now.  It will get easier (esp. with pills). You will dump and you will throw up as you experiment with different foods.  Resign yourself to it, and just be aware of how your body is reacting to things.  This too will improve as you teach yourself the new routine. Please *do* pass gas (you have little choice in the matter eventually).  It's normal, natural, calorie-free and will make you feel better. Enjoy the new body and congrats! -Jeff

corapatterson
on 8/14/07 6:24 am - Lewiston, ID
Good to hear from you.  I am sure it is confusing right now.  I too am worried about those very things.  I go in Sept 10th.  Those of us facing this procedure learn from you that have walked the road so please keep us posted and informed.  We all fear the unknown much more than the known.  You are in my prayers and you will get better soon.
Most Active