Dr. Oh in Federal Way

lindsay77
on 8/5/07 1:13 pm
I'm just starting this exciting journey, I made the decission last week and just talked to my doctor about the surgery. I'm thinking about using Dr. Oh in Federal Way, has anyone used him and what was your experience?  Thanks, Lindsay
SusanL
on 8/6/07 12:21 am - Somewhere out there, WA
Hi Lindsay, Dr Oh did my surgery a proximal RNY in Oct 06 and 5 mon later gallbladder/TT surgery.  I would do it all over again if I had to.   I am down a total of 116 lbs.  If you have any question please feel free to email me. Susan

As of August 3, 2007 10 Mo Post Op
AmyU
on 8/6/07 12:42 am - WA
Dr. Oh did my surgery on July 5th and I couldn't be more pleased.  I had RNY, gallbladder removal and hernia repair and everything went very smoothly.  Everyone in Dr. Oh's office has been friendly and professional.  He's very thorough in the testing and education before surgery.  And I love that I've never had to wait longer than my scheduled appointment time!  Go to one of his seminars. Good luck!
Glitter Text

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 8/6/07 9:05 am - WA
Lindsay,  I had gastric bypass by Dr. Oh in 2002, and a tummy tuck in 2003.  I would highly recommend him because he has great aftercare and a very courteous staff.  You  will love the weight loss and how you feel thinner.  It helps everything.   Congratulation of your decision and good luck.  Call me if you have any questions!   (253- 939-8865)   Merrilou
PinkFlamingoes
on 8/6/07 1:01 pm - Buckley, WA
Lindsay , I had my Medial RNY on September 28th & have lost 134 pounds . I really like Dr.Oh's program & his staff . No regrets , here . Kathy

Denisha V.
on 8/6/07 1:33 pm - WA

Dr. Oh now has online seminars, so you might want to check it out. Here is the link! https://www.fhshealth.org/Bariatric/default.asp

vitalady
on 8/7/07 9:25 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Dr Oh participated in 3 surgeries for me, and one for my husband, WLS types. Why 3? Done in the olden days, had to be repaired later, just the style, not the doc, and then a TT.

We also chose him for some minor procedures. We thought he might be insulted when we offered him this "lump in thigh" thingie, since he's a WLS. But he cheerfully did that one in his office (just needed a local and not related to WLS in any way). He works quietly, but when he was done, he had removed 2 lipomas (that is a ball of fat). They were slightly largerthan marbles, and he poised them between his (gloved) fingers and turned around to me and said, "Look! EYEBALLS!" LOLOL After you meet him, you'll hve trouble believing he'd do something so silly, but it was too cute.

As I said, he's very serious when he's working, but the office help and I were talking with my husband and then he suddenly did this. Too funny.

he's done a couple of other minor things for us over the years, as well. Obviously, he is our first choice for stuff less complicated than a tooth filling, as well as for his WLS.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

lindsay77
on 8/7/07 11:00 am
Hi Gina, Thanks for the reply. My husband and I just met him last night at his free seminar. He's got quite the personality. I'm looking forward to getting this done and having a much healthier life. Lindsay
Gina Landers
on 8/7/07 9:59 am - Macon, GA
Hi Lindsay,   I am Gina in Georgia. I traveled from my home state of Georgia to have a revision surgery performed by Dr Oh, and I think he is the most awesome surgeon I have ever met. If I lived in WA state, I would have no trouble making this choice if my insurance permitted. In my mind, there is no other surgeon. If I could go back to my pre op days, and was just starting my journey with the knowledge and friendships I have now, I would , in a heartbeat, travel to WA state to have my surgery. If, and when , I ever need or can have a lower body lift or even a TT, I will be back in WA for Doc Oh to do that for me.. he is awesome.. Michelle and Don are right on.. you don't need to look any further.. and he has one of us working in his office..  Take care  Peachy hugs  Gina  BTW.. I lost over 200 pounds and am maintaining after  6 and 1/2 years.
peachy hugs,
Gina in Georgia
fish4862
on 8/21/07 7:35 am - auburn, WA

My experience was great! Dr. Oh is an excellent surgeon and his assistant, Dr. Hurai is just as good. Dr. Oh has done more that 3,000 bariatric procedures over the past 30 years and his office was just listed as a "center of excellence" by my insurance, Blue Cross Blue Shield. In all these surgeries he only had one death, from a woman who was about 700 lbs and the death was determined not his fault.  His staff is very prompt and 3 people on his office staff have had the RNY procedure so they really know what you are going through and are so helpful. Dr. Oh has an excellent follow up care program which is so important.  Last Saturday morning I had sharp stomach pain in my port area that would not go away and I thought I may have dislodged my port. I had been doing crunches and other misc. exersizes that really targeted the abdominal area. I called Dr. Oh's office at 8:00 Monday morning and they immediatly gave me an appt for 10:15 that day. Fortunatly it was just a sprained muscle in my stomach, but I was really happy with the level of service I got from Dr Oh's office and staff.  I remember last month when I weighed in at 299.8 lbs and I mentioned to the nurse that I was UNDER 300 LBS!! Dr. Hurai was speaking with the ladies in the office and overheard my conversation. Next thing I know he and the office staff were cheering and telling me what a good job I had done. They are awesome. Sharon 327 start / 290.5 current / 150 goal

Most Active