Good to be back

rosieanna
on 8/3/07 5:02 pm - spokane valley, WA
Hi Everyone, My surgery was on Monday the 30th. I had some issues but was finally able to come home on Thursday. I wish I could say things are so much better but I can't. I read the other post and people say how good they're feeling by this point but I'm feeling like crap. I am still having major gas in my chest, can only sleep a couple hours at a time, and ache all over. I am just down. I am following the diet to a T drinking my water and working on getting protein in. But I am weepy and weak. Am I doing something wrong? I haven't been able to tell if I'm full because I feel pain all the time.Will this really get better? Pain meds help for about 2 hours. At this point I just can't seem to get on the other side of this pain. Sorry about such a down post. I wish I could add some sunshine to it. Thank you to everyone that kept me in their prayers. I really ended up needing them Tracy

Tracy

violamom
on 8/4/07 4:28 am - veradale, WA

I am so sorry you aren't feeling well.  Some folks say it takes a good 2 weeks to get back to 'normal' so I wouldnt worry too much. Do you have good pain meds?  Be sure to keep ahead of the pain, dont wait until it really really hurts to take meds.  There is a reason they gave them to you so use them

I'm glad to hear that you are working on your fluids and protiens.  that is so important.  Rest as much as possible, move as much as possibe, drink as much as possible and in time you'll be sitting up straight on the loser's bench and feeling great. I am going to IM you my number.  You can call me if you get feeling lonley and down and want to talk :)

What I've eaten is here for the world to see
336.1 (8-1-07)/319.0 (12-28-07)/200 (goal for 12-31-08)/160 (goal)
Next mini goal is 290 by 1-31-08

mlchristie69
on 8/5/07 8:42 am - Spokane, WA

Tracy,

Glad to see you back.  I'm sorry that you are hurting.  Will continue to keep you in my prayers.  Please keep us informed on how things are for you.  If the pain doesn't get better maybe a call to the doctor is in order.  Best of luck to you.  If there is anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hugs,    Michelle

We all came on different ships but, were in the same boat now.   Dr. Martin Luther King, Hugs, Michelle
DOS: 274 pounds (08/21/07)
Current: 176 pounds (08/28/09)
Goal: 150 pounds

morgansmommy
on 8/5/07 10:37 am - Gig Harbor, WA
Tracy, I am sorry you are feeling so bad! I do not do surgery well. Every surgery I have had I come home weepy, tired,nauseated ( the nausea w/ RNY lasted 16 weeks)and depressed. Every time it has gone away within a few weeks. After the first one I would just count down the days until I would feel better. I also stuck to a schedule;shower, rest, nutrition,exercise(a short walk outside). I am impressed you are managing your fluids and protein; good job! Have you tried anything for the gas pains? I actually found my pain better relieved if I alternated the narcotic with liquid tylenol( you just have to make sure you do not exceed a certain doseage of tyenol within 24 hours). I also took benadryl to sleep at night. I would call the office to give them an update in the morning to make sure nothing is amiss. It will get better! Mary
Geminidream
on 8/6/07 11:40 pm - Spokane, WA
Tracy, it is so good to see you online!  I'm sorry to see your post so late (busy with company from out of state) but encouraged that you are sharing your experience here.  You had a tough time in the hospital so it is natural for you to still be weepy and weak.  Be patient with your body.  I don't think I felt really improved for at least 6 weeks and was so glad that I didn't have to go back to work till week 8, that was a huge blessing.   Hope that by now you are getting longer relief from your pain meds.  Good for you following the diet to a T, keep up that good work!!!  Don't worry about feeling full, your poor little innards are all so swollen and insulted in there now that you have to give them plenty of time.   I'm going back to bed  now, only got 4 hours sleep after working and then hosting a big family party and the little bit of energy I woke up with is now evaporated.  LOL   SO GLAD to see you on the board!  HUGS!!! Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
Most Active