Is this normal?

aimerz23
on 8/3/07 2:18 am - Sedro Woolley, WA

Hi everyone: I know I just wrote a few days ago that everything was going great and I was feeling awesome but some things have changed since I last updated.  On Tuesday night I started feeling really strange and my stomach was killing me and I started throwing up.  I called the DR. and he told me to come in right away.  Turns out I was very dehydrated and swollen.  I was hospitalized until Thursday afternoon.  Needless to say I am very glad to be home. I am wondering and hoping you band vets can help me out.  It feels really tight between the top incision and bottom of my breastbone. I was thinking that perhaps the band I was given was too small or something?  I got the 10 BTW.... I am just not sure what the heck is going on. I was put on Reglan after the hospital but it just kind of makes me restless and it seems to be worse at night.    I have another appointment today, getting the staples removed and hoping that will help.   It is just weird because I don't even take in hardly any fluids and am nervous that the same thing will happen again.  But I am always feeling full and bloaty.  Any suggestions or comments are GREATLY appreciated. Thanks everyone and have a most wonderful weekend.  I will update after my appointment. 

mlchristie69
on 8/3/07 4:56 am - Spokane, WA

Can't help you with the band problem but, wanted to tell you that I'm glad your home and I hope you get to feeling better real soon.  Keep us posted on how things go.

Take care of yourself,

Michelle

We all came on different ships but, were in the same boat now.   Dr. Martin Luther King, Hugs, Michelle
DOS: 274 pounds (08/21/07)
Current: 176 pounds (08/28/09)
Goal: 150 pounds

corinnaq
on 8/3/07 9:29 am - Woodinville, WA
Well, hopefully after your appt today you are feeling better.   Although I didn't have lap band I remember that my skin was very tender between a couple of the staples and it felt like it was inside but as soon as the staples were gone it felt much better.   I know feeling bloated and full makes it hard to get in the necessary stuff but you probably want to force at least the water.  Don't make yourself hurt  or anything but if you're not getting in your fluids you will get dehydrated again.  Just sip constantly.  Another thing to think about is to pay attention to how you are drinking.  I noticed that I swallow ALOT of air when I drink and I still have to be conscience of it nine months out or my little tummy ends up full of air and I feel icky because of it.  I found that in the beginning I was swallowing air just with my normal swallowing of saliva.  You don't think about these things before surgery but it made a big difference for me. Hope that helps and I hope you're feeling better soon. Corinna Q
lorisb
on 8/3/07 1:46 pm - Vancouver, WA
How did your appointment go?  Don't forget to check out the lap band forum for lap band specific questions and issues.  Here's a link for you: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/lapband/a,messageboard/boa rd_id,5359/ As far as feeling the band itself (without eating), most people can't feel their band at all.  About the only time I really feel it is when I eat or drink something really warm or really cold.  I'm not sure about the tightness you're describing.  Maybe you're reacting to the gas they used during surgery?  Hopefully your doctor helped calm your nerves. For what its worth I never got staples at all with my band -- just glue... Try to slowly add more fluid each day.  You'll be feeling like normal in no time! Lori
Most Active