Fage Yogurt???

princess311
on 8/2/07 1:13 pm - WA
Has anyone heard of Fage Yogurt?  I heard that it is low in carbs and very high in protein over (20 grams) and has a lot of calcium.  If so where do you buy it from?
Geminidream
on 8/3/07 7:39 am - Spokane, WA
I looked around Spokane without any luck so I emailed the company and they said that Huckelberries carries it.  We have two here and the one I'd checked had never heard of it (go figure) and the other one is hard for me to get to.  But I finally found the place and yes they had it.  I hate yogurt but this stuff is good!  It is more of a creme fraiche (sp?) consistency and goes equally well with savory or sweet foods. Really yummy with my marinated cukes and also good with a splash of sf coffee syrup or some sf jam.  It was really pricey tho...5.99 for 16 oz. of the 0% kind.   While I was at Huckelberries I did buy another brand of Greek yogurt (cheaper) to see if it was as good and yuck!  I'll stick with the Fage and next time will be smart and just google map the place to find an easier route! Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
giver44
on 8/3/07 12:45 pm - Post Falls, ID
   I just came over to ask the same thing.  I keep hearing about it on  the main board.    Thanks Molly... which Huckleberries?  I only know of the one on the South side?     Take care.  Alice
Geminidream
on 8/3/07 12:52 pm - Spokane, WA
Hi Alice, Yes it is at the South Hill Huckleberries.   I literally drove around the South Hill for an *hour* trying to find it.  Can you say 'directionally challenged'?  LOL!  Since I live on the North Side it would just be so much simpler if the Huckleberries in the Rosauers store up here carried it.  Sheesh! You gotta try this stuff!  I made the homemade version where you take plain, unflavored yogurt and let it sit overnight in a strainer lined with a coffee filter and though it tasted ok it made me dump like a mack truck.   For some odd reason I didn't dump with the Fage.  Must be just the right concentration of lactose sugars?   Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
princess311
on 8/4/07 12:15 am - WA
Thanks guys.  I also heard that Trader Joes carries it.
violamom
on 8/4/07 4:30 am - veradale, WA
Have you asked Rosaures to order it for you?  I have found that they are very good about that. 
What I've eaten is here for the world to see
336.1 (8-1-07)/319.0 (12-28-07)/200 (goal for 12-31-08)/160 (goal)
Next mini goal is 290 by 1-31-08

Most Active