How full can you get???????

nanadebbie
on 7/30/07 6:57 am
Hi Peoples, I went in for my 3rd fill today the second one was on July 12th.  I am still feeling really hungry in between meals and can eat a significant amount of food.  I have somewhere around 5 to 5.6 cc's in now and my Dr.'s people think that's pretty full.  They think I shouldn't be feeling so hungry and it should be easier now for me.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I am basically right back where I started prior to lapband in so far as eating and the constant desire for food.  I know the lapband is just a tool and didn't expect this to be a miracle so I went into it with a realistic viewpoint but so far it's as though I have no tool.   Maybe someone has an idea or advice for me.   Thanks all, Debbie
Suzanne_G
on 8/2/07 9:56 am - Spokane Valley, WA
Hi Debbie,  Noticing your not getting a response here, so just wanted to suggest to you that you try posting on the Lap Band board.  Most of us must be RNY folks :) Good luck! Suzanne
MindyK
on 8/2/07 11:07 am - Bremerton, WA

I'm a Lap-Band girl and had terrible problems with cravings and the constant desire for food, head hunger, etc.  I went back to my Doctor at my wits end this month and he put me on Phentermine.  Let me tell you, it has worked wonders on the cravings and has made it so much easier for me to use my tool (Band). As far as you being able to eat a lot, I can't help you there.  I'm pretty tight in the mornings and Lunchtime and can barely take a bite at times, and then at dinner sometimes I can eat a lot.  I've cut the carbs out of my diet and those are the things that are easier to go down.  I don't know, how about trying some lean meats for awhile and see if you are feeling some restriction. Probably didn't help you much, hang in there!

nanadebbie
on 8/3/07 12:07 pm
Thanks Mindy for getting back to me.  I didn't hear much from anyone.  I am trying to stick with proteins but I am struggling.  I will talk to my surgeon is it continues but here's hoping it all settles down and starts working. Good luck to you and your journey. Debbie
lorisb
on 8/5/07 11:37 pm - Vancouver, WA
Debbie, questions like this are best answered on the lap band forum here.  If you don't know where it is, here's a link: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/lapband/a,messageboard/boa rd_id,5359/ It could be so many factors that you're dealing with. One thing I'd like to point out to you is that I no longer feel full since being banded and reaching restriction.  I just don't feel hungry.  I usually stop eating after about 30 minutes, don't drink water with my meals, pretty much only drink water for my liquid calories and get most of my nutrition from solid, healthy food choices. I'm not saying you don't do one or all of those things I'm just telling you what works for me. One thing I can tell you for sure is that you're not alone.  The lap band forum is great and people ask questions similar to yours almost daily.  Come see what the others have had to say! You are certainly not alone in your journey. Lori
Most Active