Aunt Pam?

karen C.
on 7/28/07 7:26 am - Kennewick, WA
Has anyone heard from Aunt Pam lately? I'll be in the Seattle area tomorrow and was thinking about her and wondering how she is doing.

Karen C

corapatterson
on 7/29/07 4:41 am - Lewiston, ID
You know I have wondered myself.  I have not been to the site many times since last winter, but I have not seen a thing from her.  I also am most interested to know how she is doing.
Geminidream
on 7/29/07 7:36 am - Spokane, WA
I went looking through the archived posts for her profile but she has't updated it in quite awhile.  Hope that everything is ok with her.  I miss seeing her posts here too.   (http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/87785/) Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
Debbie D.
on 7/29/07 3:38 pm - Chelan, WA
Hi Pam and everyone.  I haven't been on much not long after she had her surgery and my grandpahad passed away.  It has been about a year now since she has had her surgery.  My family and I visited her in the hospital and met her daughter Rodleen when Pam had her surgery.  I just needed to reach out to her.  I emailed her several times afterwards.  I too have been worried.  Pam...we would love to hear from you.  I miss chatting with you late at night.  I am still waiting for surgery.  I have been denied by the state (medicaid) and will be going to a hearing over it on Tuesday, Aug. 7th.  I have been a emotional roller coaster over it all.  It has been hard to stay strong.  I am hanging on to hope and prayers.  I've missed ya Pam and the board.    
karen C.
on 7/30/07 11:54 am - Kennewick, WA
Debbie, I have a dear friend in Chelan  that I visit whenever I get a chance. Perhaps we can meet up one of these days. Hang in there. I know it is so hard, but so worth all of the hassle. Keep fighting.

Karen C

Debbie D.
on 7/30/07 12:59 pm - Chelan, WA
Well that sounds real nice Karen.  I would like that.  I just found out ealier from my advocate that I won't know what the judges answer will be whether I am approved or denied until four weeks from my hearing.  What a long wait that will be.  And she said if I am denied again, we'll just appeal it again.  So the fight is on and I am ready for it.  Thanks for your support.  I really need it to keep me going. ~*Debbie*~  
karen C.
on 7/31/07 2:15 am - Kennewick, WA
Debbie, Patience has never been one of my finer qualities. This whole experience helped me to develop it a bit. . . though I still don't like having to wait for anything even one bit!

Karen C

Debbie D.
on 7/29/07 3:43 pm - Chelan, WA
So that makes 4 of us wondering now.  By the way, you look so bright and cheerful in your picture Molly.  What a very pretty picture.  ~*Debbie*~
Geminidream
on 8/3/07 7:50 am - Spokane, WA

That is so sweet, Debbie!  You have such a beautiful smile in your picture.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that you will get a favorable decision for your surgery.  It was a seven year wait for me but now that it is finally done it was so worth the wait.   Hope that Pam will check in with us here one of these days soon! Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
Debbie D.
on 8/5/07 12:31 pm - Chelan, WA
Thanks Molly.  I always have been able to put on a good smile.  Tomorrow I now have a telephone conference with a judge, my advocate and myself all on the phone together.  My advocate is going to ask for another doctor to look over me.  If the judge agrees, it will be with a bariatric surgeon of their choice.  As for the hearing on Tuesday that I have.  It has been cancelled because of something that is outdated so the hearing will be re-scheduled and I don't have that date yet.  But if the judge agrees at this phone conference that the bariatric surgeon looks me over, the decision of my surgery will be left up to him and I won't have to go to a hearing.  So hopefully the judge allows me to see the bariatic surgeon and the bariatric surgeon agrees that I need the surgery. And Pam, we all miss you so much!  I pray that you are doing good.  We hope to hear from you. ~*Debbie*~  
Most Active