RNY Post-Op: Week 5

Jeffrey Welch
on 7/24/07 8:40 am - Seattle, WA
Things I've learned so far: -water is my friend, especially before meals -the pouch is still unpredictable.  One day 3 corn chips caused me to vomit.  Another day I managed most of a Mexican meal of Carne Asada and refried beans no problem. -vomiting sucks -pooping requires much less effort - a lot less.  If I feel the urge, it's best not to wait to find a bathroom -I'm glad I kept some of the clothes I outgrew, as I'm in-growing them again -I'm losing weight from my extremities and neck much faster than from my belly and butt.  My wedding ring is loose but my waistband still pinches -ice cream is evil -dumping hard sucks -dumping does exist -Carnie Wilson's second book is fluffy pap, but damn she's cute and I think I love her (don't tell my wife, though she thinks so, too) -my sudden willingness to use words like "obesity", "pouch" and "poop" among my friends and co-workers sometimes makes them uncomfortable -this is a GREAT time to capitalize on my residual pain tolerance from the surgery, so I went out and got a big tattoo and am getting a vascectomy Friday (the added benefit being I've met my insurance stop-loss cost for the year, so what the hell) -Diet Arizona Iced Tea with Ginseng ROCKS. -I still find fat chicks attractive -Jeff

Im2fun4u
on 7/24/07 8:34 pm - tacoma, WA
LMAO! Love the sense of humor!

48lbs Lost Pre-op/19lbs of the 48lbs Lost was during 2 week Preop Clear Liquid

Most Active