2 weeks clear liquids

dgilmer
on 7/24/07 5:14 am - DAVENPORT, WA
Well here I go.  I went to see Dr.Oh yesterday for the last time before my surgery August 7th.  I did all my pre-op stuff at St.Francis Hospital also.  Now I am on my 2 weeks of clear liquids.  This isn't going to be fun.  I am trying to think of the best way to get through this.  Right now it's "Okay, I am going to sleep in, then do some stuff around the house, go to work, and then come home and go straight to bed with an Ambien.  I think sleep is my weapon here.  This is all psychological.  HELP, ANY IDEAS??? diane
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 7/24/07 7:22 am - WA
Ask Dr. OH about Protein dinks!
Im2fun4u
on 7/24/07 8:07 pm - tacoma, WA

Im on the 6th day of my clear liquids. I have to say it has not been as bad as I expected. I am drinking alot of water to keep the full feeling in my belly and that has worked well. I do my 2 protein shakes a day as Dr. Oh told me. One day I snuck in a third because I was feeling tired and it really helped. I have had a few bad moments. The third day was the first day I really felt hungry. My son and I had went shopping and he was hungry so I stopped at Taco Bell for him. Well the minute the smell got in the car I was like a mad woman...I need to find Chicken Soup and I needed to find it fast. I figure if I could find some broth of some kind I would be good. Finally with tears ready to start the third stop we made (Subway)  had soup. My son said " Mom, Can you go live with someone else while you do this?" We had a good laugh after but it was a pretty crazy moment. I find myself having a lot more head hunger than anything. Just about anything looks good right now, so If I can avoid viewing other food I do. Hope you do well. I have lost 10 lbs so far. My surgery is Aug. 2  Liz

48lbs Lost Pre-op/19lbs of the 48lbs Lost was during 2 week Preop Clear Liquid

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 7/25/07 3:00 am - WA
Support groups will help too!
Most Active