I'm hurtin and so disappointed.. (Repost)

mlchristie69
on 7/24/07 3:28 am - Spokane, WA
I am so disappointed and hurting so badly.  On Friday night, I was diagnosed with pancreatitis and hospitalized.  Today, they are putting in a feeding tube.  My potassium is aleady low as is my blood sugars.  I have not been able to eat or drink anythings except for a few ice chips since Saturday early morning.   I am sure this will cause my surgery to be postponed which has me really depressed right now.  I could use your support, prayers and words of encouragement more now then ever before.  Thank you for everyone here at OH that has become my friends.  I really don't know what I would do without you all.  Sorry for the long vent but, Thank you for reading it. I also wanted to tell those of you that I got to meet at the support group how wonderful it was to meet you and I look forward to seeing you more.

We all came on different ships but, were in the same boat now.   Dr. Martin Luther King, Hugs, Michelle
DOS: 274 pounds (08/21/07)
Current: 176 pounds (08/28/09)
Goal: 150 pounds

dgilmer
on 7/24/07 5:03 am - DAVENPORT, WA
Hopefully you are out of the hospital now.  I know this isn't much, but I honestly believe things happen for a reason.  Follow the Dr.s instructions and chances are you can still have your surgery.  It's gonna be okay.  diane
rosieanna
on 7/24/07 8:27 am - spokane valley, WA
Oh Michelle how frustrating!  I'm sending hugs and prayers that all will be better soon. I'd say "stiff upper lip"but probably right now only a good cry is all you want to do. So have a couple good crys.They are good for you then maybe things will look less horrible! I will for sure keep you in my thoughts...Tracy

Tracy

ceeidee
on 7/24/07 8:48 am
Oh My Goodness! No wonder you are disappointed! No wonder you hurt! I will be thinking of you and and wishing you good news and healing. Cheryl

We never touch people so lightly we do not leave a trace.
                                                                                                 Peggy Tabor Millin

Geminidream
on 7/25/07 6:38 am - Spokane, WA
Oh Michelle, I'm so sorry you are ill!  I want to second that 'thing happen for a reason' statement.  If you were going to have this illness anyway it is so much better for you to have it now and not post-op!  Years ago I knew a lady who developed it about a week post-op from her wls and she was ill for months and months.  Luckily you still have your digestive system intact and will probably heal much quicker than if this had occurred right after MAJOR surgery.  I hope and pray that you'll get better soon and not have to wait much longer for your surgery.   Hang in there, ok?!   Hugs! Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
Suzanne_G
on 7/26/07 2:36 pm - Spokane Valley, WA
Hi Michelle!   I think we did meet at the meeting, and Im so sorry to hear your not feeling well. Im hoping by the time you get this, your out of the hosptial. Email me and let me know how you are doing and if your surgery was postponed or not.   Suzanne [email protected]
mlchristie69
on 7/26/07 4:11 pm - Spokane, WA
Just a quick update, here is it a week later and I am still in the hospital.  They have called Dr. Bright in to do a consultation on me tomorrow.  Hopefully things will be okay in his eyes.  All the drs agree that the surgery is the best thing for me.  I will keep you posted as to how things are going.  BTW, I know I won't have a problem with after surgery liquid diet or full liquids because that is all I have been living on.  Hope everyone is ok.  Take care and hopefully I can post some better news tomorrow.

We all came on different ships but, were in the same boat now.   Dr. Martin Luther King, Hugs, Michelle
DOS: 274 pounds (08/21/07)
Current: 176 pounds (08/28/09)
Goal: 150 pounds

Most Active