No RNY Surgeons accepting DSHS in Spokane Area???

chloe
on 7/20/07 8:39 am - Spokane, WA
I'd planned on going to Dr. Rawlins after attending his information session, but per Carol they are no longer accepting DSHS insurance unless the PCP is a Rockwood Clinic doctor, with active history within the past 180 days. Dr. Pennings in Post Falls does not accept DSHS & either does Dr. Trotter in Spokane. My PCP said I may need to travel to UW to get surgery. Can anyone shed any light on this or share experience? I am new to DSHS, and baffled by what appears to be a medical obstacle course.
violamom
on 7/20/07 10:27 am - veradale, WA

I had no idea.  I am currently a rockwood patient, so I am glad of that.  Can you switch to a rockwood doc and do the time?  UW has quite a waiting list I think.... 

maybe someone else will have more/better answers for you

What I've eaten is here for the world to see
336.1 (8-1-07)/319.0 (12-28-07)/200 (goal for 12-31-08)/160 (goal)
Next mini goal is 290 by 1-31-08

Geminidream
on 7/20/07 12:03 pm, edited 7/21/07 9:42 am - Spokane, WA
Chloe, were you at the support group meeting last night?  Carol discussed this and I could swear she said that the UW waiting list is 2 1/2 years.  That is amazing and so sad. Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
Debbie D.
on 7/23/07 7:02 pm - Chelan, WA
Hi.  I haven't been on OH for quite some time now.  I have been in this whole wls thing already for over 2 years.  I was denied in January for stage 1 after finally going for it.  I had to reschedule my appeal hearing and it is coming up in two weeks.  I had my surgeon picked out for a long time now...Dr. Rawlins at the Rockwood Clinic.  And now I am reading that they are not taking DSHS anymore?  WHAT? WHY?  Does anyone know more about this?   ~*Debbie*~
violamom
on 7/24/07 8:56 am, edited 7/24/07 9:02 am - veradale, WA

Is there anything in Coeur d'alene??? that would be closer than UW for sure... http://www.sbnsurg.com/ is a center of excellence in post falls.  I cant call right now - but maybe they take wa state???

What I've eaten is here for the world to see
336.1 (8-1-07)/319.0 (12-28-07)/200 (goal for 12-31-08)/160 (goal)
Next mini goal is 290 by 1-31-08

girlwcurl
on 9/22/07 4:54 pm - spokane, WA
switch to rockwood and apply for social security at the same time you are trying to get in with the uw- i bet you will get your surgery date here faster and medicare coverage with dshs helps a lot
kevin79
on 9/23/07 5:15 am - clarkston, WA
hi chloe ! im a rockwood patient and i am on dshs and i had to jump through alot of hoops to get where i am.but before i went to the rockwood clicnic tosee my surgeon dr bright, i had to see my regular doctor once a month for 6 months have a psych eval done lose 5 % wieght see a dietician for that 6 months have sleep study done there were 3 phases that dshs will have you go through so i hope this helps please dont hesitate to ask if you have more questions or you can give me a call if you would like my number is 509-758-9200 i would be glad to help you any way i can!!! and remember you are awesome!!!  kevin reynolds
Most Active