Frustration!!!!

princess311
on 7/11/07 11:21 am - WA
I feel so frustrated!  I went on the atkins diet for 2 weeks and have been on the liquid diet for 11 days now.  I have 6 days to go and I have only lost 20 lbs.  I know that I shouldn't compare myself to other people but I read about all of these people who have lost a ton of weight before surgery.  I have not worked on something so hard in my entire life.  Why am I not losing weight as fast as everyone.  The dr. wants me to lose 30 lbs by the 17th (surgery date).  What happens if I can't do it?  What if I have the surgery and still only lose a little bit of weight.  I have been overweight for as long as I can remember.  I always see myself as heavy and can not even imagine what I will look like thin.  Is there anything that I can do to speed up my weight loss?  I'm tired of being the fat girl!

preview image

lorisb
on 7/11/07 11:40 am - Vancouver, WA
Comparing doesn't do a thing...  It only makes you feel worse. What are your liquids choices?  Are you getting in a good quantity of protein and also drinking water? What happens if you can't lose the weight?  Ask your surgeon.  I was only able to lose a pound.  Others have had their surgery canceled.  It varies.  Your surgeon will give you the best answer and possibly a solution. Are you exercising?  Lori
princess311
on 7/12/07 9:50 am - WA
You are right Lori comparing doesn't do a thing and it does make me feel worse.  I have been so emotional lately and I have no idea why.  Is it normal to be so emotional before surgery?  I am drinking a lot of water my protein shakes, sugarfree popsicles, jello, and broth.  No I'm not doing a whole lot of exercising right now. 

preview image

RhainyC
on 7/12/07 4:30 am - Custer, WA
Here's a ((((HUGS)))) just for you, Princess I can imagine how frustrating it must be...just keep doing what you are supposed to be doing, Doctor's Orders...and hopefully that last little bit will come off for you.  Every body is different, remember, and if you are really concerned, call and ask the doctor about what happens.  I will keep you in my prayers and do keep us posted. Namaste, and Blessings, RhainyC
princess311
on 7/12/07 9:52 am - WA
Thanks Rhainy!  I appreciate that. 

preview image

Most Active