Support meeting at Rockwood Clinic

dgilmer
on 7/10/07 4:57 am - DAVENPORT, WA
Is anyone going to the Rockwood Clinic Support Group meeting next Thursday?  I feel I probably need to go.  I am having Surgery with Dr. Oh August 7th.  I havent been able to go to any meetings lately, I am always working.   My dad is sick, so my parents will probably not be over in Federal Way when I have my surgery.  My brother said he will be working but will pop in.  Sooo, that leaves my husband and I.  I have never had surgery with a Dr. I have met only once, by then twice.  I have to say, it is giving me something to think about.   I went to the meetings at St. Francis.  They say you shouldn't twist or bend.  How does one wipe their you know what?  Tina said some use a long handled spoon with toilet paper.   I am trying to get a handle on all these vitamins and when to take them.  Any suggestions?   diane
rosieanna
on 7/12/07 5:25 am - spokane valley, WA

I think I'm going to go to the support meeting at Rockwood. What time does it start? Very interresting about the "toilet paper on a spoon"idea! hummmm                                                                                                  

Geminidream
on 7/12/07 11:25 am - Spokane, WA
Hi Diane, Just popping in here to check the board quickly...  I'll be at the meeting next week.  Sorry to hear your dad is sick, hope he will be well soon.   I weighed 230 on surgery day and had no trouble managing to take care of personal business.  You really don't 'go' as much as pre-op those first few weeks post-op unless you become lactose intolerant.  And even then it is a pretty small amount to deal with and easily handled.  I've heard about that spoon trick too and also there is a tool specially designed just for that purpose that people have mentioned here on OH.  Wish I could remember the name of it, maybe if you tried the OH search engine you could come up with it.   Hope to see you next week!  The meeting begins at 6 p.m. in Dr.'s Bright's and Rawlin's waiting room.   Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
Suzanne_G
on 7/14/07 12:06 am - Spokane Valley, WA
Hi, I should be at the Rockwood meeting.   Ive only been to 1 before. I live in Spokane Valley, but my surgery was in California.  Would be nice to pick some of you out :) Suzanne ps.. no problem wiping. lol  (now going to the bathroom, that might be a problem for a while)   my surgery was 5/7/07 RNY
Geminidream
on 7/14/07 8:58 am - Spokane, WA

Getting to meet  so many OH members is going to be great, I can't wait for the meeting.  Hope I remember to bring a camera this time.  It would be fun to post some new pictures on my member page here. See you Thursday! Molly

ceeidee
on 7/15/07 12:56 am
Is this the only support Group meeting in the Spokane area.? I am with another Dr. and don't know if it is OK to go to the Rockwood Clinic Support Group Meeting. Thanks, Cheryl
dgilmer
on 7/15/07 3:38 am - DAVENPORT, WA
Hi Lee.  I have a different dr. also.  I have been going to the support meetings at Rockwood.  They are the 3rd thursday of every month.  You can also call Rockwood at 838-2531 and ask to speak to the Bariatric dept.  Carol is the front office person for the Bariatric Dept.  and she also usually leads the meetings.  When is your surgery?  diane
ceeidee
on 7/15/07 4:02 am
Hi Diane, I'm not sure, but I think you replied to me. Thanks for the info. My surgery is scheduled for Oct. 12th. I planned it a ways out to get and East Coast visit taken care of and my dtr starting school all set. Thanks, again, Cheryl

We never touch people so lightly we do not leave a trace.
                                                                                                 Peggy Tabor Millin

Geminidream
on 7/15/07 6:24 am - Spokane, WA
Cheryl, I hope that you will be able to join us at the Rockwood Clinic group.  It is a wonderful group of people, I think and always so motivational for me.  If that doesn't work out for you maybe you could give Dr. Schrock's office a call...I hear he has a support group now.  (what my pcm on base said but I don't know personally) Hope to meet you soon! Molly

ceeidee
on 7/15/07 8:21 am
Thanks, Molly, I appreciate the invite and and info. I think the online support is great but I think I will need an in person group also.  Cheryl

We never touch people so lightly we do not leave a trace.
                                                                                                 Peggy Tabor Millin

Most Active