uncontrolable eating

rosieanna
on 7/10/07 1:02 am - spokane valley, WA
Hi I have never posted here but have been reading for some time now and think you guys are great with your support for each other. So here's my question...I will be having a RNY on July 30th. I have my pre-op on Thursday. I had already been approved for surgery with another Dr. earlier but this Dr.just had too many red flags with his staff so I switched DRs. I now have Dr. Rawlngs. Anyway when I was with the other Dr. he put me on a NO carb diet and I did really well losing 20lbs in a month. Now that I have changed Drs. and am waiting for my pre-op diet I CANNOT stop eating. I have been told that this is the dreaded "I may never get to eat this again"stage. I have really tried to get back on the no carb diet I was on before. I start out good in the morning but by 10am I'm eating. I didn't want to have gained when I go back in on Thursday but at this point there is no hiding it. Is this common and what do I do? Thanks for any words of wisdom! I am in the Spokane Valley and will have surgery at Sacred Heart.
clegate
on 7/10/07 1:52 am - Shelton, WA
Hi RosieAnna,      I went through the fear of never eating phase too.  Rather than picking a specific diet, I used www.fitday.com to log everything I ate.  I tried to limit myself to 1200 calories a day so when I wanted something to eat I made sure I was not "spending" too many calories on that item.  It worked for me.  The thing is that you have to log everything you eat.  The site is free and was such a good tool for me.  Hope it helps. Carol
Geminidream
on 7/14/07 9:03 am - Spokane, WA
Going no carb is so hard!  You have such an emotional few weeks ahead of you I don't see how you could possibly keep up that regimine with all you have to deal with.  Why not be kinder to yourself and try to just lower your carbs and fats now.  Start increasing your water intake.  Set an amount daily for a goal and work at that instead of working at denying other things.  Especially with this heat, you need to keep hydrated and this is an excellent time to get in the habit of keeping a water bottle in your hands at all times.   My kids loved the months before my revision surgery.  Every weekend I'd be baking something that I knew was no longer going to be in my life.  They got to the point of expecting some goodie or treat and would say to me, "Mom, what are we saying goodbye to this weekend?"  Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
rosieanna
on 7/14/07 5:55 pm - spokane valley, WA
Hi Molly, Thanks for writing me back. I thought I had to be on the full liquid diet for two weeks before the surgery but I think I misunderstood. I read through the hand outs I got at my pre-op and if I understand right I do the liquid diet the 2 days before surgery. That is what Dr. Rawlins said to me before I left on Thursday. I thought it was for 2 weeks before surgery but thats 2 weeks following surgery until the 2week post-op visit. I think I have it straight. I would just call the office but being the weekend I hoped someone on here could help. I will modify the no carbs diet and add 'lots of water.   I like your weekend idea. Sounds like something fun. I know there are some Christmas goodies I will say good-bye to. Thanks for your kind words.  Tracy
Most Active