12 Days Post Op - A New Life?

Jeffrey Welch
on 7/3/07 11:23 am - Seattle, WA
OK, it's official.  I haven't even gotten my staples removed yet, and I feel better than I did *before* I had the surgery.  Should I go back to work early?  Nah, screw that.  I'm having too much fun. A couple of things I'm learning: -every meal is a science experiment -gravity is not the enemy -this stuff works! Wow. -Jeff

Geminidream
on 7/3/07 11:37 pm - Spokane, WA
Congratulations on your surgery, Jeff!  With your great attitude and a good sense of humour you will be very successful.  Enjoy your 4th and the rest of your 'vacation'.   Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
Shell Marr
on 7/5/07 7:42 am
Lap Band on 06/21/07 with
GREAT way of thinking Jeff!!  Congrats!!
high351/pre307.5/day of surgery 294.4/dr goal 187/my goal 175  

girlwcurl
on 7/5/07 3:19 pm - spokane, WA
im ten days out- i am still on clear liquids for now- cant wait to get the ok next tuesday for pureed food- i already have a ton of ideas- i went to the doctor today for something non gastric bypass related and avoided the scale as i want to be surprised when i go in on tuesday
Jeffrey Welch
on 7/6/07 9:52 am - Seattle, WA
With the RNY Proximal at Group Health they start you on pureed foods right away - no post op liquid diet at all.  You're encouraged to move to textured foods as you're comfortable.  2 weeks out and I'm pretty much on regular food already.  Actually got lectured by my dietician for taking in too many calories (600) on a couple of days. -J

Marybeth S.
on 7/8/07 5:36 am - Rochester Hills, MI
Congratulations new post ops! The hardest parts are really over - you have nowhere to go now but...down :) It's frustrating sometimes for sure, but try to be patient. You didn't get to where you were pre-op overnight and everything isn't going to change overnight in the other direction. Give your body and brain the chance to adjust to these traumas and changes. They will both catch up soon enough!

BPD/DS Dr. Peters
Nov. 2002 335/50 BMI
Jan. 2018 143/21 BMI

http://fluffypuffy.wordpress.com/

Most Active