I started my liquid diet and my tummy hurts....

princess311
on 7/1/07 10:16 am - WA
I started my liquid diet and my tummy hurts because it thinks that it is hungry.  Will this feeling go away or is it going to last the entire time I'm on the liquid diet.  I feel so hungry that I'm sick to my stomach.  Is this going to get any better?

preview image

rocknrobin
on 7/1/07 11:22 am - Vancouver, WA
I'm on day 2 of liquids. Mine hurts at times, too, but then seems to get better. I'm hoping it will hurt less as time goes on. Good luck!
Knucklehead62
on 7/1/07 1:40 pm - Puyallup, WA
I am not sure what your Dr. has you on... But I am allowed to use crystal light sugar free (no carb stuff) to mix with water...  not much better than Kool-aid but different than water. I found that if you keep pounding the water, (I drink 6 34oz. containers a day) and it is real hard to get hungry when your belly is constantly full of water.  I use that berry flavored "hydration" kind that they have...  Not the same as a chicken fried steak with gravy & Spuds... but I have eaten enough to get where I am right now... the H2O is good now... I dunno if this helps or not... but it helps me.
princess311
on 7/2/07 1:05 pm - WA
Thanks guys!  I appreciate the support.  How long have you been on the liquid diet?  Did you get dizzy or light headed.  I'm going through that now.  I'm also very tired.  Does this get any better?

preview image

Knucklehead62
on 7/11/07 1:55 pm - Puyallup, WA
I put myself on a liquid protein diet 3 weeks ago, so far I dropped 33#...  Tummy Kidneys butt you name it it hurts... But I am Stoked about losing the weight before the operation... I will keep myself on this until the day comes... be it 2 or 3 months down the road... I know it will make the operation easier for the Dr., I also know that I will already have my metabolism on a roll for the future... Just keep it up! and remember it is only a short term compared to how many years it took you to get where you are today...  I have been alive about 2314 weeks, so 1 or 2  or 12 weeks is not a hill of beans in comparison. I can do that standing on my head... a small price to pay 0.005% of my life = 12 weeks... not a very long time if you ask me or... if you want to look at just 10 days... 16198 days(approx.) = what... (I hope my math is right .000016198%) I am sure it will be worth it in the end. :)
Most Active