chasing jello with crystal light ooops- 5 days out

girlwcurl
on 6/30/07 3:22 am - spokane, WA
i knew that drinking with meals was my biggest obstacle and sure enough i already messed up taking sips with my jello and pudding- it hurt a bit - did i destroy my pouch- help- i have stopped of course and blame it on old habits and weird pain medication from hospital - but i am freaked out i screwed everything up- ugh
violamom
on 6/30/07 3:35 am - veradale, WA

I am glad to see you!  I am sorry that you are scared and I am sorry that I dont have an answer... but I am sure someone will come along soon and help. Take care of yourself!

What I've eaten is here for the world to see
336.1 (8-1-07)/319.0 (12-28-07)/200 (goal for 12-31-08)/160 (goal)
Next mini goal is 290 by 1-31-08

Geminidream
on 6/30/07 6:48 am, edited 6/30/07 7:00 am - Spokane, WA
No you didn't destroy your pouch but I'm sure it isn't very happy with you right now.   Do you have the sample day liquid diet sheet still from Merri Lou?  The one with the half-hour increment schedule?  That was a really good tool for me in re-learning the no-water-with-food thing.  I'd been good at first with my VBG surgery back in '99  but drinking with meals crept back into my life and was one of the factors in helping me regain all that weight.  You have got to follow this one rule very well and though it is a hard thing to learn (or unlearn?) it is so important.  Give yourself a pat on the back for knowing what a problem this is and remember to stay away from liquids when it is time for a feeding.  You can do this, you WILL!   Molly

Highest weight 268, Pre-consultation weight: 255, surgery day weight 230
mlchristie69
on 6/30/07 5:09 pm - Spokane, WA
Congrats on your surgery.  Can't wait to hear more of how you are doing. I learn more and more every day from this site and can't wait to join you all on the loosing side of life.  My thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery are with you.  Hugs, Michelle

We all came on different ships but, were in the same boat now.   Dr. Martin Luther King, Hugs, Michelle
DOS: 274 pounds (08/21/07)
Current: 176 pounds (08/28/09)
Goal: 150 pounds

girlwcurl
on 7/1/07 2:28 am - spokane, WA
thanks everyone- just hearing from others during this journey can be so soothing you know- i am completely back on track and husband dearest is getting a battery for my watch so i can time m food/liquid intake- that will help much-
PinkFlamingoes
on 7/4/07 2:08 am - Buckley, WA
You won't ruin your pouch by drinking with meals . But you will sabatoge yourself that way . If you are drinking while eating , your food can't stay in your pouch . So , you aren't staying full . You may not feel hungry yet , but that will likely change . I started feeling hunger at about six months . I was an at meal drinker pre-op, too . You will get used to not drinking with meals . It just takes time . Restraunts have been the biggest challenge for me . Because that would be a good time killer while others are still eating . Kathy

Most Active