South Sound Bandsters Unite!

Dayna B.
on 6/29/07 7:07 am - Clearwater, FL
I posted on the Lap Band site with minimal success, so maybe I'll reach more local people on the state website. I am interested in attending or starting a Lap Band exclusive support group.  I attended a couple WLS support groups in the area but didn't find it to be extremely helpful as I was usually the only bandster present.  The area to meet is flexible- it just depends on *****sponds & where everyone is located- I am in Central Tacoma
Dayna Barkley  274/255/243/155/135
Highest Weight/1st WLS visit/Day of Surgery/Current/Goal

lauraloo76
on 7/2/07 4:55 pm - Tacoma, WA
Dayna, I haven't had surgery yet, but I am hoping to be a fellow Bandster as well (I have my first consult with Dr Oh the end of this month).  I also have a friend having the her band put in by Dr Oh in a couple of weeks that may be interested.  We are both in Tacoma as well. 

*Laura*

Dayna B.
on 7/3/07 1:32 am - Clearwater, FL
Great!  Are you planning on going self pay or insurance?  That will make a difference in the length of time it takes to get the procedure done.  Also, a suggestion- if insurance is paying for it, I would advise that you meet multiple doctors...  I was more limited because I was self pay, but if I had the choice, I probably would have gone with another surgeon.  After I researched Dr. Oh's practices for lap band patients, I have found that they are extreme and to me, it feels like he bunches all of the guidelines together for different types of surgeries, so it is easier for him to deal with his excessive number of patients.  My surgery has gone great- I have no complaints about his surgery skills, just his practices afterwards.    Anyway, I will add you to my list of contacts- does your friend have a profile?  When I get enough people (you're # 2 so far...) I will see if we can get together!
Dayna Barkley  274/255/243/155/135
Highest Weight/1st WLS visit/Day of Surgery/Current/Goal

lauraloo76
on 7/3/07 1:03 pm - Tacoma, WA
I talked to my friend today, and she is very interested as well.  She has been a lurker so far but said she is going to be doing her profile soon.  We are both self pay as well.  She is a little bit further along in the process, she is only a little over 2 weeks away from surgery.  I have my seminar next week (I went to another dr's last fall) and then my first consult on 7/25. 

*Laura*

TKT2FLY
on 8/18/07 5:38 am
I'm interested in South Sound Bandsters - I've gone to the seminar, had the EDG and post op visit and now only waiting for insurance approval.   I have AETNA and I understand its not easy being approved for lap band.  Keep your fingers crossed!  I am so ready for this.  Any other guys gone through lapband?  Thanks.  Thom
Most Active