skim milk diet

rocknrobin
on 6/29/07 12:04 pm - Vancouver, WA
Hi, I am new here (to this site). I'm in Vancouver, WA. I just got my surgery date today for July 13. My question is about the skim milk diet before surgery. I am supposed to start that right away. I am so scared. I haven't been able to stick to liquids for a day let alone two weeks. I would like to know how you guys got through it. Thanks!
sandikei
on 6/29/07 5:22 pm - Vancouver, WA
I was on the skim milk diet for 3 weeks.  I perservered because I wanted the surgery so bad.  I cheated the first week, but my Dr. told me that she would give me one more chance and then decide if I was ready for the surgery.  I was a saint after that - a much tempted saint, but I wanted that surgery! There is no magic in staying on that skim milk diet.  I wish there were and I could share it with you.  You just have to remember that this is a step in the thinner and healthier direction.
rocknrobin
on 6/30/07 8:11 am - Vancouver, WA
I notice you have dr. Cagel who is in the office with my dr., dr. daly. I have done OK so far today with the milk, but I think if I need a protein drink or something, I might do that. Glad to know someone else made is thru! It seems like Vancouver doctors are the only ones that require this. I'm going to try my best.
PinkFlamingoes
on 6/30/07 2:16 am - Buckley, WA
Wow , this the first i've heard of a skim milk diet . I did a liquid diet for 10 days pre-op . I drank 3 shakes , broths , popsickles , & jello . Good luck . Kathy

Most Active