HAIR LOSS

Nic_Nic
on 6/26/07 1:52 am - puyallup, WA

i posted this last night but i cant find it... so here we go again...

why do people experiance hair loss with wls?? and does it happen with one wls more than another.. i have notice more gastric bypass patients talking about it than lap-band.. is it due to loss of protien? vitamins? or maybe the rapid weight loss? or just the surgery itself? if i start to lose mine will it grown back again? im all worried now... any info would help.. thanks

Merrilou Gronholdt
on 6/26/07 6:56 am - WA

More protein should help stop hair loss , a talk with your Dr. might be helpful to make you feel better. support group meeting will help too!

vitalady
on 6/27/07 2:56 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
1.trauma of surgery
2. anesthesia
3. those first few weeks of lousy protein, water & vites intake while you are getting your system in place
4. hormones
pick one, or any combo or all

You are in Puyallup! We have support groups in Puyallup coming up July 10-11! Hope to see you and for you to see a room full of hairy heads! LOL

we all lost it, but it comes back. mine came back shinier!

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Nic_Nic
on 6/27/07 4:46 am - puyallup, WA
wow i just wanted to tell u that u look soo great! i looked at your profile.. your b4's and afters are crazy!! you look so nice!
vitalady
on 6/27/07 4:56 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
thank you very much!

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active