Has anyone had surgery with Dr. Srikanth?

princess311
on 6/22/07 12:33 pm - WA
I'm having surgery with Dr. Srikanth and I would love to hear about other people and their succes rate with their surgery Thanks, Jamie
Denisha V.
on 6/23/07 4:43 am - WA
go to bariatric surgeons at the home page, click on washington state and then you will find his profile on that page. On the very end of his line there is #34 and that is his testimonials of people that have had surgery with him. Click on that. Hope that helps!!
vitalady
on 6/24/07 12:05 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
My DIL had surgery with him 11/04, lost over 200#, doing well. Mine was 1994, so he was not in this area then.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

princess311
on 6/25/07 12:07 pm - WA
Thank you for responding Vitalady.  BTW I love your store.  Your employee's were  so helpful to me.  I have tried so many different protein shakes and I was so frustrated because I hated every single one of them.  I told my Dr. office and they refered me to you.  They told me how you can go in and try the shakes before you buy them.  I set up an appointment to taste test the shakes and your employee's were wonderful.  They set me up with a great shake and I love it.  I am a very picky person and the skake tasted just like chocolate milk.  I was also able to ask a lot of questions.  While I was there, other people who have had the surgery showed up and I was able to ask even more questions.  I'm so greatful for your staff.  Thanks again!
vitalady
on 6/27/07 1:41 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Sincerely, THANK YOU! i know a few ppl who come by say, oh every 2 weeks, and just sit and "taste" and chat for a coupla hours. Just sitting there on a busy day is kinda like a moving support group! I'd loved to know who of my staff gave you these warm fuzzies. Since i left for the conference, it's good to know that they keep up the tradition of "hand holding", as in the person who walks in the door has already tried some nasty stuff, has their tongue rolled up and sealed to protect it. They're scared (what if this is worse? what if I can't find anything-will they undo my surgery?) and put them at ease. Have a dog roll on your feet (keeps ya there, ya know?), cat in your lap, row of samples to taste and you get past your fear. Your comments go like: not toooooooooooo bad; i could do this if i had to; um, no thanks; got this taste but thicker?; OMG! is this PROTEIN? and I only get to use this HOW many times per day? LOLOLOL

BTW, we have live support groups every 2nd Tuesday (and attached Wed--we set up for it once, so follow the 2nd Tues(. Next are July 10-11. Bring a support person, or not, casual, a little late is ok, we don't offer anything not on your program to eat or drink, group is newbies, pre-ops, oldies like Don & me, mid-range, and those going thru the
"arrogant period". Every now and then someone walks in and says, "I'm here to get my butt kicked" and a newbie will shuffle feet and look nervous,but I like to think it is such a warm group that when someone has slid off the wagon into Oreo-land that they can come back to this group for a loving hand up (you know, before the slap!). Becuase not ONE of us has not slipped.

So you learn from what the long termers did RIGHT and what they did WRONG.

I will be back July 12, so I'll bed there for the Aug 14/15 mtgs. Hope to see you.

Think of us as the e-harmony of the protein world. we keep matching til you find true love! lol

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

PinkFlamingoes
on 6/30/07 2:40 am - Buckley, WA
Hijack - Michelle , hope your arm is healing . Sorry you got hurt & had to have surgery . You'll be glad to know Barney has done his job while you've been away . See ya at the next meeting . Kathy

vitalady
on 6/30/07 5:39 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
well, good to know that barney has kept up with toe licking and sleeping on ppl's feet! lol i think some thought we did "something" with him because of this accident, but let me state loudly that barney does NOT like to ride in the car, so we had already decided months ago that he would not make this trip. he likes to hang out at the rv parks, makes freinds with everyone, but the riding just makes him anxious and miserable. he pants and drools like he is going to be whipped or some awful fate awaits. we took him last year, 3000 mi, and he never got any better, isn't better on a trip to the grocery, either. So, we took Lucy, who thinks life is cool as long as she is no more than 3 ft from us, and left barney there with Sheri.

i won't be home for july mtgs (10-11), but will be there for Grad weekend (20th). See ya then?

we're in Crater Lake, OR right now, but the pain is such that I let Don go shoot pix alone and I will stay here and snuggle my ice pack. it's been 22 days since the surgery, 31 sinced the break, so I'm kinda wondering if it IS getting better. With my RNY and revision, I didn't use this many pain meds in the whole first 2 weeks. By the 7th day, I was using only 2-3/day? Now, I count the hours. I will be seeing someone as soon as i get home.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

PinkFlamingoes
on 6/30/07 10:26 am - Buckley, WA
Sheri told us why Barney stayed home . lol . Poor Barney . he's so cute . I sure hope your arm is healing . I heard it was a bad break . I haven't heard about a Grad night . Is this something that happens every year ? I hear Crater Lake is beautiful . I hope you manage to stay comfortable . See ya when you get back . Kathy

vitalady
on 7/1/07 2:00 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Actually, not doing so good on the pain level. BUT at least we are on the OR coast, which is as close to heaven as it gets for me. Give me Seaside, OR and some good rock 'n roll and I (almost) don't need pain meds! LOL

Will be seeing local ortho ASAP because I am having way too much pain for this far post op. After my original WLS, revision, even my TT I was needing near the meds I need for this! YOWIE!

Grad weekend. As you know, I'm always pressing you to get yourself onto yahoo grads. you can read, but not speak til you are 1 yr out. The list is 9 yrs old, so there is so much info there you can't believe it. Anyway, some of us have met here 'n there around the country and there is quite a network of us in the PNW. So, they decided to meet there in 2004 and have every year since. Kinda centers around my place, since I don't mind 9-10 sleeping bags around for a few days. But I'm thinking there's 30 or so? Undergrads are welcome to this, as well, since I get many to be on that list pre-op and they already feel as if they know ppl.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Graduate-OSSG

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

princess311
on 6/30/07 12:55 pm - WA
Your staff was wonderful.  I can not think of their names.  One came up from Florida (I think) and she had a service dog with her.  She helped me with the drinks.  And the other lady was also very friendly.  She gave me a lot of good information.  It was wonderful.  I even brought my 10 year old son and he loved the dogs and the cat.  Thank you again for having a business like this for people like me who are very picky about tastes. 

preview image

Most Active