Hello and Any Help Appreciated

healthyang
on 6/19/07 2:50 pm - WA
Hello Everyone!  I am brand new to this amazing site and feeling a little overwhelmed with all of the wonderful information.  I have been preparing for lap band surgery for over a year now, have been approved, and have my pre-op appointment on Friday to schedule my surgery.  I am excited and trying to be as prepared as possible.  I feel like there is sooo much information on this website and am hoping that those of you that are familiar with the site can help me narrow my search down as far as the best protein shakes, foods, advice, etc..that I can research to be prepared for the 6 weeks after surgery.   Whether you have a specific area on the website, outside the website, or I would love to hear your stories, what you found to be the best things to have in your house after surgery, what you weren't prepared for, your success, etc.  I am one of those types of people that love to take in as much as I possibly can.  I like to over prepare, hear the worst, expect the best, but not be in the dark.  For example, I run a daycare in my home and am hoping to be able to go back to work ASAP.  Is this reasonable?  Give it to me straight!!  Hee hee!!!    Thank you so much in advance for your time, advice and support!! Hugs.. Angie
Nic_Nic
on 6/21/07 8:26 pm - puyallup, WA
it took me like 4 days too be able to work again.. but im kinda a baby..lol.. my aunt felt fine after 2 days. so i think its diff for everyone.. you will so fine! i was soo worried and when it was over i was like.. "thats it"? the only thing that i had an issue with was for the first week i was very emmotional.. i cried a lot.. had thoughts of oh no i should not have done this.. thinking i had made a mistake.. but hun let me tell u when i went to the dr 2 weeks later and saw i had lost 20 pounds that all went away.. i have now list 25 i was banded on june first.. you will love it!
healthyang
on 6/24/07 2:36 pm - WA
Thanks so much for the info.  I love to have people tell me like it is and be honest and even with reservations, almost everyone I have talked to has been so happy with the band.  Congrats on your weight loss!  I look forward to chatting with you soon.   BTW, I went in last Friday for a pre-op and just found out that I am having surgery on Wednesday!  I'll keep you posted!   Hugs... Angie
Nic_Nic
on 6/25/07 7:18 pm - puyallup, WA
yeah let me know how u do!!  if u find and lap band support groups let me know.. i think going to those and seeing everyone at diff stages would be soo fun!
healthyang
on 6/26/07 1:01 am - WA
Goodness Gracious Girl, Do you ever sleep?  Hee hee!  I just saw you replied at 2:18 a.m.   Anyway..There are a handful of support groups in my area.  I am going to start going to the one at Evergreen Hospital in Kirkland.  It is where I am having the surgery done.  It is the last Monday of the month from 6:00-8:00.  I also know of a few more in my area that I might try because they are closer.  I have one here in Edmonds! So.. I might check out a few and go from there.  I will let you know how I do.  Tomorrow is the big day.  I am surprisingly calm right now..I am sure tonight and in the morning I will be stressing, but so far so good!  I have been working my behind off to get as much done around here as possible, so that helps keeping busy!  Chat with you soon, Hugs.. Angie
Nic_Nic
on 6/26/07 1:47 am - puyallup, WA

im usually up that late.. thats when i can get away from eveything..

you will do fine.. ur going to be nervous everyone is but trust me is only like as 45min surgery. it will be over b4 you know it.. i was so nervous at the last min i almost backed out.. i was getting prepped for surgery and i started to panic.. i have never had any kind of surgery ever so i think i was extra nervous..  i said to the dr as he put the mask over my face.. "um i dont think i wanna do this" lol the dr was wonderfull and comforting.. and reassured me everything would be ok.. he actually prayed with me! and talked to me about how the weight had effected my health and how pretty i was and how much better i will feel after.. and b4 i knew it i woke up and it was over.. i hope ur dr was a wonderfull as mine! i had such a great support team i have an aunt and uncle that were banded in march so they are just a phone call away and one of my good friends as well.. i couldnt imagine not having them.. as well as i have found this website to be great help.. it nice knowing ur not going thru all this alone! if u never need anything id love to be one of your support people! just let me know. good luck!

girlwcurl
on 6/24/07 2:38 am - spokane, WA
bariatiriceating.com is an awesome site for nutrition- i have surgery tomorrow
healthyang
on 6/24/07 2:38 pm - WA
Thank you for the website!  Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted on how you are doing.  I will be following you with my surprise surgery date of Wednesday!  I just found out on Friday and am very excited...won't have much time to worry and stress...and can't wait for it to be over..as I am sure you are feeling all of this right now. Hugs.. Angie
healthyang
on 6/24/07 2:41 pm - WA
I just saw you live in Spokane.  I actually am going to be crazy and my family and I are heading over there to visit my mother-in-law in a little over a week (6 days after my surgery). I am hoping for the best so I can enjoy the weather and play while we are there.  I will be looking for your curls..hee hee. Hugs.. Angie
Most Active