Got a Referral!!

mommy3x
on 6/16/07 4:13 am - Longview, WA

Well I worried for nothing....lol I had never seen the Dr. (New Insurance) anyway went for my appoint with him to get the referral for Baratric surgery and he asked a lot of questions, He also asked for my family history, And then said he would be referring me to the Sever Obesity Evaluation and Management portion of my journey (Sunnyside Kaiser). I also had to have a couple of my labs redone…Low Potassium (Not super low but he wanted to check into it).

One step closer on Kaisers plan to my RNY. Thanks all for the advice to have done my research before the appointment and have a list of diets I had tried and failed. I also am glad that you all mentioned to know what surgery my insurance covers and how it is done. The Dr. was impressed that I knew it was an Open RNY and that I was able to give him my views on it as opposed to a couple other procedures.

All in all I just believe that me being prepared made him more confident to send the referral....lol now I can start worrying if insurance will see that it is medically necessary and weather I pass Kaisers screening process in the Obesity evaluation/management portion of my journey :)

girlwcurl
on 6/18/07 12:23 am - spokane, WA
doesnt it feel great to be moving in  the right direction- congrats- how exciting!!!
Most Active