Lap Band Help

kittylee
on 6/5/07 10:04 pm - Redmond, WA
Hi Everyone, I am new to the site.  I am currently looking for a lap-band doctor in Washington.  I have a BMI of 30, which is too low for Dr. Oh.  I qualify at NWWLS, however I was given a price of $16,900 and will probably be paying myself.  Does anyone possibly know of a reputable and qualified doctor that might accept me?  I am hesitant about going to Mexico because I want a Dr. that is readily available in case problems arise for the aftercare and I am sure these expenses add up quickly. Thank you so much.
Non
on 6/6/07 4:02 pm - Seattle, WA

I know of another person who went to NWWLS and paid approx $17,000.  My insurance doesn't consider surgery for a BMI of 30 unless there are co-morbidities.  If you have any, you may have luck finding other surgeons in the area.  I had my surgery with Joseph Chebli at Northwest Hospital.  I believe they try to work out financial payments for self-pay parties.  You might give his office a call or check his web site for a list of his seminar dates.  www.northwestobesitysurgery.com   Good luck

lorisb
on 6/10/07 6:44 am - Vancouver, WA
Welcome to the site!  I'm not aware of any surgeons doing lap band on patients smaller than a BMI of 30.  You may want to check at www.lapband.com and see if they can refer you to any particular surgeon. Good luck! Lori PS  Don't forget to check out the lap band forum here: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/lapband/a,messageboard/boa rd_id,5359/
Nic_Nic
on 6/21/07 8:50 pm - puyallup, WA
My dr in mexico was actually one of the dr's that helped creat the lap band.. he is great.. i was scared to go to mexico too but let me tell u after going and experiancing it .. it would have been my 1st choice by far! the hospital was soo nice! like a 5 star hotel and soo much cleaner than any hospital i have seen here in the states.. now im not vouching for every dr in mexico or any hospital but if u want to know about my dr id love to share!
Most Active