Help with soft food choices

bazannie
on 6/4/07 8:36 am - Yelm, WA
OK, If I have to drink one more shake I am going out of my mind. I just had surgery the 29th of May and will not see the dietician until the 15th. I am looking for ways to survive the soft diet until then. I can have protein shakes, cream of wheat, creamy soups, pudding and jello. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE A PROTEIN SHAKE TASTE LIKE STEAK?
baileyb
on 6/5/07 1:54 am - WA
I have found the "Imagine" Brand and the "Pacific" Brand of soups to be pretty interesting. So far I've tried the Portebelo Mushroom, Potatoe Leek, Tomatoe pepper. I have three more to try. they are low fat and organic. I am searching for some unflavored protein powder to mix in since I too am sick of the protein shakes. I got the soups at fred meyer.\ and safeway.  If you can get through a glass of "met-rx "mixed with milk you get most of the protein you need for the day.
bazannie
on 6/5/07 8:40 am - Yelm, WA
thanks so much. I will try the soups definately. I guess the next stage is pureed foods. Wow I wish I hadn't complained about the shakes now. That sounds terrible, but maybe that's the point. If I had been eating what is best for my body instead of what taste good, I wouldn't be here now.
Nic_Nic
on 6/21/07 8:53 pm - puyallup, WA
i was banded 06/01/07 and i "altered" my soft food diet cuz i could not take it anymore.. i started with very very very small portions and chewed very very well.. till whatever i was eating was mush.. i never had any problems.. when i went to my dr he said that was fine to.. as long as i has not getting sick or over eating.. again you should listen to what ur dr tells u to do.. but i was fine
Most Active