New show on The Learning Channel

cowgirlsue
on 5/22/07 8:20 pm - Fort Worth, TX

For all of you that have cable tv and get The Learning Channel, Starting on Monday of next week they will begin broadcasting a new show called Big Medicine. I'm looking forward to this and I'm hoping to glean more information and help out of it also. It will be on Monday evening sometime. I look forward to watching it and seeing what goes on.

Let the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, oh Lord my strength and my redeemer.
PinkFlamingoes
on 5/26/07 3:59 pm - Buckley, WA
I happened to be watching TLC tonight & saw the commercial for this show . I am really looking forward to it , too . Kathy

cowgirlsue
on 5/26/07 11:09 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Me too....I'll probably sit there and bawl my eyes out if the patients start talking about the abuses they've been through because of their weight issues.

Let the words of my mouth and meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, oh Lord my strength and my redeemer.
PinkFlamingoes
on 5/27/07 3:56 am - Buckley, WA
Oh me , too . I was lucky , I didn't get harrassed . But , I got ignored . And then there are the family reunion where you're the heaviest person there . Or theater seats that are way too small , etc....It'll be a good show , I think . Kathy

cowgirlsue
on 5/27/07 6:35 am - Fort Worth, TX
Oh yes, those famous family reunions!! I went to one in 1990 and my two aunts, that is all they talked about that weekend. They harped and harped on me to the point that it made me wonder if they didn't want me to get rid of all that weight over the weekend!!! They totally ruined it for me.  One thing about the cousin I stayed with. They didn't treat us too nicely and I was put in a bedroom that also had a cat box that hadn't been cleaned for a while.  I had to crack open the bedroom window to be able to breathe. Fortunately the bed was right up against the window. So I laid there all night with my face in that window. That cousin and her husband are now bigger than I am having put on a lot of weight since then....

PinkFlamingoes
on 5/27/07 10:11 am - Buckley, WA
Well , there's something to be said for Karma . lol . My ex sister in law was horrible to me & was always skinny . She said I was lazy , etc.... She is now heavier than I was pre-op .

cowgirlsue
on 5/27/07 12:07 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I hate to say this but sometimes when stuff like this happens, you know our harrassers getting big, it makes me feel extremely vindicated. Those that were so rotten and hateful to us are getting their just desserts...

girlwcurl
on 5/29/07 3:14 pm - spokane, WA
that is a great show- i nearly cried watching allen- i hope they follow up with him
cowgirlsue
on 5/30/07 2:27 am - Fort Worth, TX
Allan is supposed to get his surgery in next week's show. The Dr. Davis' are determined that he will walk out of the hospital.

Most Active