Begining journey.....help

denise F.
on 5/21/07 1:50 am - vancouver, WA
Hi~~ To all you lap banders on this site. I'm just begining and I seem so afraid. I know this is what I need to do. Mostly because I've never had any reason to be in the hospital other than haveing my son almost 25 yrs ago. I'm sure you all had your fears too. I want to be healthy and I want live. Does this journey go faster if you are a self-pay. I've resorted to that because my insurance won't pay. Any thing that will ease my mind would help. Thanks so much. Denise
CDJ
on 5/21/07 3:29 am
Hi Denise - my insurance does not cover this so I am self-pay. I went to a seminar on 4/27 and am having surgery on 6/18. It could have been on 6/11 - but the doc was going to be out of town that week. the bigget thing is getting all the pre-testing done. I am with you.....I amready to rid this weight before it does make me sick or get diabetes. There is a lot of info here that i have gleaned by reading various posts. I know there are several who have been waiting for years to get medical insurance authorization - We all have priorities in life and I guess that this has become one of mine at this time. Take care and I hope you have a successful WL journey. Carlotta
Michelle N.
on 5/21/07 5:46 am - Henderson, NV
I was self pay also, $12, 800. My insurance covered part of the pre-op testing due to the way my doc coded the tests. I went to the seminar Feb 2nd, had first one on one appt a couple weeks later, did all my tests and had surgery 4-19-07. You definitely get moved up on the schedule.
denise F.
on 5/21/07 2:27 pm - vancouver, WA
I want to thank you for replying to my message.  I'm going to Dr. Oh in Federal Way.  I live in Vancouver.  But my friend had the stomach stapleing done by him and was really happy with him.  His cost is also $12,800.  Are you happy with your decision to have the surgery?  Were you afraid? Any way thanks for you response.  I'm begining to feel better. 
lorisb
on 5/22/07 1:59 pm - Vancouver, WA
I love my band and, although my insurance did pay for banding, I have no regrets. Be sure to check out the lap band forum if you haven't already! Lori http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/lapband/a,messageboard/boa rd_id,5359/
Most Active