Helping finding a place that takes my insurance!!

greeneyedindian
on 5/18/07 6:31 pm - lake forest park, WA
I have been waiting for over 2 years with my DSHS insurance for University of Washington to get me off of their waiting list for the surgery....I have been trying to get this done for 8 years now and I am ssooo incredibly tired of the waiting. I need to find a hospital and a doctor that does the bariatric surgical procedure and accepts my DSHS open coupon. If anyone has any ideas please help me.......I'm increasingly desperate and discouraged. Thank you!
nanadebbie
on 5/19/07 11:49 am
Hi Kim . I don't know where they accept coupons but I do understand how hard the wait is. I waited 10 years before my husband and I found a way to self pay because our insurance wouldn't pay. I really got to a place where I was just waiting to die. Please try and be positive and remember you are atleast on the list. It's worth waiting for because it's about you living. I will keep you in my prayers and ask for your name to come up quickly on the list. Hang in there. Debbie
Michelle N.
on 5/19/07 2:33 pm - Henderson, NV
If you click on "Insurers" over to the left, then click on D and scroll down, you will see a list of other people that have/had DSHS. Some of them list their surgeons too.
girlwcurl
on 5/29/07 3:27 pm - spokane, WA
obesity is considered a disability- social security is an option- it takes a while to get approved - the ideal is to get medicare/medicade- then it covers near everything and there are many docs who take it--- talk to your social worker about it
Holly M.
on 6/20/07 4:59 pm
OHSU in portland, or is a center of excellence for wa dshs patients.  I had my surgery there in aug.  I was the first wa dshs patient they had.  They are wonderful and have no waiting list.
The best way to predict the future is to invent it! ~Alan Kay
Hugs,      
  ~Holly

shortskool13
on 6/24/07 1:04 pm - Spokane, WA

I was so happy to read this message-I was on my way to have surgery 1 1/2 years ago in Spokane  and then the doctors who did Medicaid-quit doing for medicaid. My Dr contacted the University and was told about wait list- Then she said I was too unhealthy to even think about it-but now am better and need to find a surgeon or placwe that will do it-how do I contact OHSU?

Most Active