Anyone in need of pool therapy in Vancouver?

lorisb
on 5/15/07 11:24 am - Vancouver, WA
If you don't already know the Vancouver Clinic at Salmon Creek (http://www.thevancouverclinic.com/Specialties/PhysicalMedicineandRehab.ashx?p=1145) has a a pool and offers several classes in the morning on Monday, Wednesday and Friday as well as personal physical therapy and pool therapy sessions at other times. I go several times a month and they're talking about possibly closing down the pool sessions because there aren't enough people. I'm trying to recruit so I'll have a place to continue to go for my classes. The group is small and the instructor is incredible. If you have more questions, contact them or just ask me. I am also cross-posting on the Oregon page. Lori
kimmyanne
on 5/18/07 2:52 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi Lori, I live next door to the clinic, I didnt know they had a pool. What kind of classes do they do? Is i****er aerobics? Thanks for the info. kim B.
lorisb
on 5/18/07 6:04 am - Vancouver, WA
Yeah, its modified water aerobics (depending on your fitness level and need). They do everything from just gentle walking to all-ou****er aerobics. Its a pretty small pool (comfortably holds no more than 6 people) and is about 5 feet deep. Most of the classes are in the morning on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. As far as price, they're charging us $75 for 12 sessions within a 45 day period. Of course that is subject to change. They're always talking about ways to expand into the community including late afternoon classes (for some reason they can't do anything after 6:30 -- I think it has to do with the cleaning crews or before 9ish in the morning). The instructor I have, Melissa Carlson (Mo), is really cool and tries to work with everyone's schedule as best she can. Lori
Most Active