I am a self-pay - ha...

CDJ
on 5/14/07 7:29 am
I am a self-pay - have a surgery date of 6/18....but am getting overwhelmed by all the tests that need to be done. I feel as if I'm in pretty good health given I am 100 pds overweight....but I am trying to do them in my hometown - 100 miles from Seattle - where my Dr is. I have placed a call to the dr's office - but they havn't called me back yet. Maybe I should just take another day off and try and get them all done in Seattle - rather than working through my local doc. I'm getting frustrated.....plus trying to lose the 12 pds before surgery. Holy cow....I guess nothing is easy! I'm just sick of this FAT. I should have done this 10 years ago. Any pearls would be appreciated. CJ
cotajeri
on 5/14/07 8:02 am
i just contacte Dr. Neal in Olympia. he is 17k and it includes the labs. he did my daughters and i'm thinking of flying up from cali to have him do it. 2 years of aftercare and fills are included in his price. Jeri
gina P.
on 5/14/07 3:09 pm - graham, WA
Hi you should be able to do all your pretests from your home area and they can fax them to the doc... just take a few hours of, schedule them, and then do one a week or so, because you won't be able to do all of them in one day...unless he didn't order major ones. Gina
CDJ
on 5/14/07 11:49 pm
Thanks folks, I appreciate it. I guess I was just feeling frustrated yesterday. I think I've got everything but three of them scheduled now. I did speak with someone in the Dr;s office last night and am now more clear on where I go to get some of them done. cj
Non
on 5/15/07 6:55 am - Seattle, WA
I found that I was able to go to a hospital and get my labs and x-rays without an appointment. (Northwest Hosp. in Seattle) Of course it was the hospital where I recently had my surgery but it was convenient and was a few hours less of missed work. I combined as many appointments as possible on the same days to reduce the amount of time off. If you have a log of what tests, evals you need, use it and check them off as you go. I found the visual nice to refer to and it helped me know I was indeed moving forward.
CDJ
on 5/16/07 11:39 am
Yes I got the notebook and have been checking them off.....but trying to get most of them done up here (Bellingham). Dr C came up here last mo and I went to a seminar. Now I see there are bariatric surgeons that just started in this community. I still like Dr. C though. I have lost 7 pds so far. I'm trying to do 30 car and 70 protein per day. I did great asnd had lost 10 until Mother's Day weekend......bad habits came back! But I'm back on track and I've only lost 7. I'll get er done! cj (Good luck and happy healing to you. How long was it before you could move around much...like 2-3 days?
Most Active