Hi All!

Silkie
on 5/8/07 7:01 am - Vancouver, WA
My RnY surgery was on 4/19 and all went really well. I am staying home extra time because I have no energy for work. I have no interest to sit in front of a computer. That is wierd since I am a computeraholic. I am having a hard time with food. I did 2 days of pureed and then took a step back because I didn't like how it made me feel. I am finding new ways to do protein drinks though. So what are some pureeds that people started out with?
Geminidream
on 5/8/07 10:33 am - Spokane, WA
Hi Brandy, Congratulations on your surgery! I stayed home extra too but I have a heavy lifting job and wanted to be REALLY healed when I went back, it was a good thing! I saved this link to the puree and soft-food list over on Susan Maria's website and it has been so helpful. Poke around there a bit, she also has a section with good meal plan advice too. I find the site a bit more difficult to navigate than here but there is different stuff available as well as being convenient for me to order protein from. Hope it helps you. http://www.beforeandafterchat.com/index.php?showtopic=6056 Molly
Silkie
on 5/9/07 9:01 am - Vancouver, WA
Thank you for the link. I have that saved off. even though there is a list of different things to do I was kind of interested what people first started with. A lot of the ideas sound great but I am still weary to try some of them at first.
corinnaq
on 5/9/07 3:45 am - Woodinville, WA
Hi Brandy! Glad to hear things went well for you! It's hard to figure out what works especially in the beginning. And be aware that something you tolerated just fine one day might make you sick the next and visa versa. For me I did the following things. refried beans w/ melted cheese and a little sour cream hummus - I would puree some black forest ham and have that with the hummus, it was really good. cream of wheat soups w/ no chunks egg drop soup (I would make my own by just boiling broth and drizzling super fine strands of beaten egg into it but this was toward the end of my pureed food stage) apple sauce mashed potatoes I also made just pumpkin pie filling (with splenda) and ate that, it actually has quite a bit of protien in it. I think that's about it. I know it doesn't sound like much but I wasn't very interested in food for a long time so I didn't get too creative. Hope that helps a little. Corinna Q
Silkie
on 5/9/07 9:05 am - Vancouver, WA
Great ideas! It might seem wierd but I am scared of trying things with various spices. I love hummus though and maybe I need to find a more bland brand and try that. Thank you so much for your input. I am finding additional things to add to my grocery list.
PinkFlamingoes
on 5/11/07 1:11 pm - Buckley, WA
Hi Brandy . I'm glad you're doing well . My doctor didn't do puree . He does clear liquid , liquid w/protein shakes , soft , & then unrestricted . One of the things I loved early on was refried beans with sour cream . I still love them . Too starchy things still don't agree with me , so I didn't & still don't do mashed potatoes . I love the crustless pumpkin pie , too . Kathy
Most Active