Bloomsday Photos

Geminidream
on 5/7/07 1:09 pm - Spokane, WA
Hi, hope that everybody who ran or walked the Bloomsday Race in Spokane on Sunday had a great time. My daughter very graciously accompanied her aged old mom walking instead of running and we had a terriffic time. We finished the 12k course at 2:19, not bad for not having trained! My last time in '91 was just under two hours and that was jogging behind an Army ROTC group so I'm very pleased with the results this year. Could not have done it without getting so much extra weight off, my feet and knees would have killed me. A huge thrill was at the end of the race when I got to meet Shell Marr from the MB. She is so sweet and what a beauty! Hoping that she had as good a time as I did even though we had to have a very short visit due to meeting other family there. Anyway, the photos are posted on my profile. If you want to read more about the run itself you can go to www.bloomsdayrun.org. Molly
Shell Marr
on 5/7/07 1:42 pm
Lap Band on 06/21/07 with
Molly: It was GREAT meeting you and your daughter.... wish we had more time. my hubby Shane missed you guys by minutes... we was going to buy us one of the "group" photos.... next year!!??!? Due to me pulling a muscle in my back before even leaving town for the race and was on "nice" pain meds.... I was a little slower then past years....but it was doctors orders to take it easy. 2005 = 2:32 2006 = 2:16 2007 = 2:39 We need to plan better for next year and everyone can meet up before the race and walk it together..... I put the same pic up on my profile too. Again... nice meeting you Molly and your daughter Elizabeth!
kmobeck
on 5/11/07 10:51 am - WA
Molly, Our triathlon group was there for the second year, running the Bloomsday. We travel over from Everett and make it a fun weekend, dancing at night, and running during the day. I wish I knew how to post pictures, but unfortunately, I'm pretty computer illiterate, or I'd share ours. This is my first post ever. I'm in training now to become a OH support group leader. I've led the WLS support group meeting at Stevens Hospital in Edmonds for 3 years and figured I might as well try to expand it. Anyway, thanks for sharing. It was gorgeous weather this year. We finished the 7+ miles in 2:16. We always wear pink from head to toe, visors, clothing, socks, etc. Maybe you'll see us there next year! Kelly Mobeck
Geminidream
on 5/12/07 1:41 pm - Spokane, WA
Kelly, wow I am impressed that you are in a triathlon group...way to go!!! I'm so sorry I missed meeting you. My SIL is in one here in Spokane but she opted out of Bloomsday this year, too bad. My goals for next year are not to weeny out of it and to jog/walk it instead of just walking. Hope it will be a prettier t-shirt next year. This one got worn to work the next day and I'll wear it to the support group meeting this month and then in a box it goes. LOL! Hope to see you next year...I'll watch for the pink! Molly
Jazwog
on 5/14/07 4:15 am - Medical Lake, WA
MOLLY!!!! I was right behind you I finished in 2:21!!!! GEEEZZZZZ I didn't see you there!! I was walking with some friends of mine but I could of ran it next year I think I am going to try!!
Most Active