Newbie!

cfidecaro
on 5/6/07 4:32 am - Snohomish, WA
Hello to all who have gone before me. I have taken the last step to surgery and paid the co-pay. I am now just waiting for the date to be scheduled. I have to admit that I am a bit anxious..nervious..worried...scared! I would love to chat with all for advice..tips..trials and tribulations! :-) Collette
nanadebbie
on 5/7/07 3:42 am
Hi Collette, What type of surgery are you having? I am three weeks out from lapband surgery. I know how you feel about being nervous. I waited for 10 years to have my surgery because we had to self pay. Then when it came time for me to have it I was so scared. Was I doing the right thing? Will I do well? Even right on the morning of surgery I was doubting. This is how I look at it tho. The alternative to not having the surgery was to not have a life and just get bigger and more isolated. This is hard work but we're worth it. It's just day by day like anything in life worth having. Just trust yourself, and follow the guidelines your doctor gives you. They want you to succeed too. Having this web site for support helps a lot and then my doctor has a support meeting at his office too. I'm going to use everything I can find. Everything will be great for you, stay positive and stay focused. Oh yeah, I've lost 16 pounds so far and that's really motivating. Talk to you soon, Debbie
cfidecaro
on 5/7/07 6:08 am - Snohomish, WA
Hi Debbie, Thank you for the reply...and congratulations on the 16 pounds!! I look forward to the day when I can say I am at 16 pounds. I was hoping for the band, but I am having gastric by-pass. Fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, my insurance covers only the by-pass. I think that is why I am a bit nervous. Please keep me posted as to your progress ~ Take care and chat soon Collette
vitalady
on 5/7/07 4:20 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I see you are just up the road a bit. We have support groups here in Puyallup this week. Tues and Wednesday at 7pm. You are most welcome to attend, and your supprt person is welcome, as well. I think this is the longest running support group in the area (1995) and we are open to all surgery types, all doctors.
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 5/8/07 5:55 am - WA
Our support group meets tonight at 6:30 in Auburn give us a call for directions 253 939 8865 Merrilou
Geminidream
on 5/8/07 10:34 am - Spokane, WA
Hi Collette, Welcome and good luck on beginning your journey to better health! Hope to see you post often here as you progress. It is always nice to be able to cheer on another board member or just be here to to offer any support. Molly
PinkFlamingoes
on 5/11/07 1:20 pm - Buckley, WA
Hi Collette , Welcome . Who is your surgeon ? Mine was doctor Oh , in Federal Way . I attend the support group at Michelle's & enjoy it a lot . A great group . And Michelle & her husband are both so knowledgable & helpful . I hope you get your date soon . Kathy
Most Active