Support Groups

merleygirl
on 5/1/07 12:32 pm
I live in Port Orchard and I would like very much to go to a support group. I had Lap Band on Feb 9, 2007 and I have only lost about 15 lbs. I know I should have lost more by now. Please would someone give me an example of their eating day. I also know that I am not eating enough protein. How about protein drinks as far as the ones you get at places like the Smoothie Bars. Judy
vitalady
on 5/2/07 4:30 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
There is a group of people who meet at Harrison Hospital 3rd Tuesday, 7pm, use the front door. The protein drinks at the smoothie bars are WAY high in sugar. Enough to cancel out the good effects. You can make your OWN smoothie with good protein powder, sugar free ingredients, and in the smaller portions you can actually get down in a reasonable time. (and way cheaper)
TinaQ.
on 5/5/07 5:27 am - Puyallup, WA
Judy, I agree, commercial smoothies have way too much sugar in them. I have tried one since banding with extra protein added and I did not feel good afterwards. I was bloated and bla. I had my band on 1/9. My typical eating goes like this: Breakfast: -Protein Smoothie (30g of protein) in either of these: -Vanilla protein -4 large frozen strawberries -7 frozen blueberries -1/2 c. water Mixed all together in my magic bullet (a must have). OR -Chocolate protein -2 TBS of low sugar peanut butter -ice and 1/2 c. water -Some add 1/2 a banana which is good but it makes me too full. Lunch: 1-2oz of lunch meat (ham/turkey) rolled up with either cheddar cheese or cheese stick. Lunch: -Some sort of solid protein A bit or two of vegies if I so desire With a good band adjustment (I have had 3), I am full all day and am never hungry. Try to stay away from mushy and white foods. Even without restriction, that will make a difference. Hope this helps!! Tina
Most Active