Anyone doing Bloomsday????

Scrappin Gal
on 4/30/07 1:17 pm - Corona, CA
Hi Washington~ I'm a visitor to this board, coming to you all from California. I was wondering if any of you are participating in the Bloomsday run this weekend? I'm flying up there to meet my brother and fam. and parents to do the race. Any takers out there? Just wondering what I'm getting myself into with a hill named "Doomsday Hill"! Thanks in advance~ Kerri
amom38
on 5/1/07 3:37 am - Metaline Falls, WA
Welcome to the city of Spokane. I had planned on doing bloomsday but had made prior plans to go visit family, the same weekend don't you know. I don't know why but I put it on the calendar as the 19th. Hope you have a good time.
Scrappin Gal
on 5/2/07 11:24 pm - Corona, CA
Thanks for the response...sorry you won't be able to participate. I'm hoping it will be a really fun event! Enjoy your weekend, Kerri
Geminidream
on 5/1/07 12:03 pm - Spokane, WA
Hi Kerri, nice to meet you! I'll be doing Bloomsday with my MIL, daughter and her fiance. Don't know yet where we are meeting but I know we registered our finish time as 3 hours so we'll be at the very back of the pack with the strollers. Haven't done Bloomsday since 1991, am excited to be in the crowd this year instead of watching. Doomsday Hill is fun...there is a big black vulture at the top ready to pick off the near-dead walkers and lots of bands along the way. I ordered a size medium t-shirt, hope it fits! I want to wear it to work the next day and definitely wear it to the May support group meeting. Molly
Scrappin Gal
on 5/2/07 11:28 pm - Corona, CA
Hi Molly! I hope you have a fabulous time at Bloomsday~ my mom and dad will be back in the back with ya! I don't know where I'm going to be yet, due to DH getting injured last week. We usually do our races together, doing a 3 min. of walking to 1 min. of running. But, who knows now. I might be with you guys as well. A medium t-shirt~ too cool!! Not so for me~ I'm still a large/xl for tshirts. Have a wonderful day, Kerri
Shell Marr
on 5/2/07 2:14 am
Lap Band on 06/21/07 with
HI Kerri.... I live in Seattle....but my hubby & I are driving over Sat morning! WE are doing Bloomsday... this will be my 3rd year. My hubby runs...so, I always walk alone I'd love to meet up with you and anyone else who is walking it. Send me an email and I'll give you my cell# Shell Marr
Scrappin Gal
on 5/2/07 11:30 pm - Corona, CA
You've got mail... Kerri
Jazwog
on 5/2/07 6:40 am - Medical Lake, WA
YESSS!! I will be doing Bloomsday with some co-workers I have always wanted to do it last year I was not ready but this year I have been preparing to do this so far I am READY!!! I can't wait to do it and complete it!! Then I can check that off my list as I did snowboarding a month ago so thats off my list!! Next after bloomsday is White water rafting!! whohoo I am getting adventurous in my old age!!
Geminidream
on 5/2/07 1:55 pm - Spokane, WA
Woohoo, Michelle! I am going to wear my t-shirt to the next support group meeting on the 17th...hope you will too! If you take your cell phone give me a call and maybe we can meet. I know, in a crowd of 200,000+ that may be hard but wouldn't it make an awesome photo if those of us here on OH could meet somewhere? Molly
Scrappin Gal
on 5/2/07 11:38 pm - Corona, CA
Wow, Michelle~ good for you with all of the new activities that you are doing all of these awesome activities! White water rafting~ now that's what I'm talking about!! Have a wonderful race!!! Post a pic when you cross the finish line~ I'll look forward to seeing it! Hugs, Kerri
Most Active