Back pain when eating.....???

amom38
on 4/30/07 8:16 am - Metaline Falls, WA
The last few days everytime I eat my back hurts. This AM for example, I took a small bite of sausage, (which I've eatin several times before) chewed well and by the time I took a second bite my back hurt, like right at my spine in the middle of my shoulders. I felt like I was going to puke but didn't . I figured it was stuck so I took some papaya enzyme. I've not had my first fill yet. I've heard that stress can make you more restricted, but even when your not filled yet? My life has been very stressful the last week or so. I'm even stressing more on this because now I wonder if this is what people mean when they have a band slip? I always thought that you got chest pain from a slip, am I a odd one?
Geminidream
on 5/2/07 5:26 am - Spokane, WA
Stress can definitely cause you to tighten up inside. When you are under stress and think that you may be tightening up avoid foods that are gristley like sausage, bacon, or dry meats and stick with your safer softer foods. If you have pain like that you most likely did get something stuck and don't go for the second bite, just wait it out and then get some liquids in that will help it either go through or come up. I never used papaya enzyme when I had my vbg because I didn't want the meaty parts of my pouch eaten away while the enzymes were eating away the stuck food. Warm liquids always worked well and I never did overstretch my pouch or band. Hope that you are having a better eating day today. Molly
lora-harvey
on 6/3/07 2:58 pm - kent, WA
Hi, You should probably call your MD.  It could be your gallbladder. Rapid weight loss often causes gallstones. I doubt your band has slipped.  Lora
Most Active