VSGs support in South King Count/Pierce County

Marillyn
on 4/27/07 8:20 am - Spanaway, WA
Is there any support groups South of Seattle or in Pierce county. I live near Bethel High School south of Tacoma and travel to Burien to see family several times a week. I've been to VitaLady's shop but she told me that she doesn't have a support group for vsg's. I am going to UW medical Center for my surgery on Tuesday but they don't have a support group (at least the person I asked didn't know about one). Thank you for any help. Marillyn
vitalady
on 4/27/07 10:13 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
We don't HAVE any VSG's, but you are still welcome to join our group, since we're nieghbors. The goals are the same. The issues are similar, especially the slowness of the wt loss (it's never fast enough, now, is it?); the body image thing (who is that person in the mirror?) and the simple fact of being with others who've walked in our shoes. Nobdy knows what it's like to be morbidly obese, BUT the morbidly obese. Nor do those who have not experienced unrelenting GERD understand what that might be like. Only US know what it feels like to be US. Eventually, there will be enough of you around to have a surgery-specific group, huh?
Laura H.
on 4/27/07 1:54 pm - Seattle, WA
Hi Marillyn, Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! You would be very welcome at our DS support group. I have been planning to make it a DS and VSG group since Dr. John Rabkin, who often attends our meetings does both surgeries. I think you would find our group a good fit since we DSers all have the VSG too. We just have the added intestinal part too. We meet at the Sizzler in Tukwila. You can get all of the info by following the link in my signature. Oh wait, do signatures show up in this format? I'll include the link here just in case http://wls.meetup.com/90/ I think the VSG is a really smart choice! I am pleased to hear that it is available at UW. If it had been more widely known and available a couple of years ago I think I might well have chosen it. Don't get me wrong, I love my DS but I think there is a good chance I would have done as well with just the VSG and without the malabsorption issues to worry about. Anyway, I hope you will give our group a try! Laura
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 4/29/07 7:37 am - WA
Come join in at our support group in Auburn May 8th. at 6:30 pm. It is a new group and we would love to meet you1 give Dennis or me a call for directions! 253 939 8865. Hope to see you here! Merrilou
Most Active