Support group in Lakewood/Puyallup area?

ChinahSea
on 4/20/07 8:15 am - Lakewood, WA
Hi there! I am getting ready to receive my band June 8th, and am wondering if there are any support groups in my area? I actually live in Parkland, so Lakewood or Puyallup would be great! Thanks!!
PinkFlamingoes
on 4/20/07 12:07 pm - Buckley, WA
football mom & I both go to a support group in Puyallup . It is on South Hill & Vita Lady hosts it . www.vitalady.com . There are both Lap Banders & RNY'ers there . It is held the 2nd tuesday & wednesday of the month , at 7 pm . I always go on the tuesday night . Kathy
ChinahSea
on 4/20/07 1:18 pm - Lakewood, WA
Thank you! Nice to meet you!! I'll check it out! I could only do the Wednesday ones, because I work on Tuesdays till 7p in Fife. How funny.. I almost forgot to find a support group! This is coming very fast for me!!!
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 4/23/07 1:21 am - WA
We also host a support group meeting the next will be May 8th at 6:30 PM in Auburn . Call us fro details. Merrilou 253 939 8865
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 4/23/07 1:21 am - WA
We also host a support group meeting the next will be May 8th at 6:30 PM in Auburn . Call us fro details. Merrilou
ChinahSea
on 5/3/07 1:56 pm - Lakewood, WA
Hi Marrilou! Thank you - I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond! Whew!! I can't believe how quickly time is passing while I'm getting ready for my band.
SusanL
on 4/24/07 1:31 am - Somewhere out there, WA
Tracy, Welcome to the board. I really enjoy going to Vitalady's support group meetings. I go a little early each month so that I can get anything I am out of for the month. I like the fact that she carries almost everything we need after surgery. I also like the fact that she is alway doing some sort of sample at the meeting because I am a picky eater and I don't waist my money on something I don't like plus I find new things I like and wouldn't have tried if she hadn't given us samples. Football Mom
ChinahSea
on 5/3/07 2:00 pm - Lakewood, WA
Thank you! I looked at her website today - very interesting! Are there very many Lap Band patients there?
SusanL
on 5/4/07 12:20 am - Somewhere out there, WA
Tracy, There are at least 6 people that have had the lap band that show up at the meetings on Tuesday. I'm not sure how many show up on Wed but I'm sure there will be some. Give Michelle a call she might have that information. We sign in each meeting. Susan
TinaQ.
on 5/3/07 1:48 pm - Puyallup, WA
Hi Tracey! We have a lap band meeting in Puyallup. Our next one is on May 15th at 7:00. We also have a weekly walking group on the other Tuesdays of the month. If you would like to be added to our group emails, let me know (PM me) and I will send you the information and directions for the next meeting! You're more than welcome to join us! Tina
Most Active