Surviving surgery................

nanadebbie
on 4/19/07 12:44 pm
Hi Kids, I had my surgery on the 17th and this is the first day I felt like getting on board. I had read some posts where some folks had very little pain so I decided I was one of them. NOT!!!!!! I can't take the pain medicine because I had a very bad reaction so I have been trying to make it through with Tylenol. I know I'll make it but whew..........it's been a little rough. I'm not feeling hungry as yet but of course everythings swollen right now. Do you start feeling hungry after awhile? Atleast I'm on the downhill run now, and I hope everyone who's had surgery recently is doing great. Thanks for listening to me whine..................... Debbie
Lynnepooh.com
on 4/19/07 1:53 pm
Debbie, I hope your feeling much better. I am looking forward to having the surgery. I just wanted to wish you well. Iam excited to get started. lynne
Merrilou Gronholdt
on 4/20/07 2:21 am - WA
Debbie, ask your Dr. about mashed potato , It was the first thing I was able to eat! Good Luck ! Hang in everything will get better, just follow your Dr.s advice!
corinnaq
on 4/20/07 6:25 am - Woodinville, WA
Debbie, It does get better!! It just takes awhile. I do not have high pain tolerance (in fact I'm a major whiner when it comes to pain) and it seems like things hurt forever but it gets bearable fairly quickly. I wasn't hungry for the first month or two (I'm 5 months out). Now I have normal hunger...kind of. Just make sure you are getting in your protien. Even if you're not hungry you want to make sure you are getting at least your protien shakes. Good luck!! Corinna Q
washingtonquilter
on 4/20/07 8:51 am
Debbie I'm two weeks out today from lapband surgery. I too decided that I would be one with very little pain, NOT!. I can't believe how much better I feel today, Friday, than I did Monday this week. I realized yesterday when I couldn't find my purse at work when I was leaving that I must be feeling better because I had put it in the bottom file drawer instead of one I didn't have to bend to get to. Also, today I left for work without taking any tylenol and after a day of work I still feel pretty good. It does get better as far as pain goes, I can finally see the light on the other side. As far as hunger, by the late afternoon, I'm hungry and the food I fix for my family is smelling sooooo good. Hang in there, Ann
lorisb
on 4/20/07 11:41 am - Vancouver, WA
Disregard my other response, lol! If you're still in pain there are other meds your surgeon can try you on. I didn't feel hungry for about the first three days. Just as I started to feel hungry I started getting really bad gas pains (the first couple of days after surgery I felt pretty good -- better than I thought -- then the gas pain****). Yes, your hunger will most definitely return (and don't even think of mashed potatoes like the other poster suggested -- sometimes people don't check to see what type of surgery you've had and nothing solid until your doctor tells you). Whine away. That's what we're here for. And, don't forget to visit the lap band board if you haven't already! Lori
Shell Marr
on 4/20/07 4:35 pm
Lap Band on 06/21/07 with
Debbie: How are you feeling? Shell
Most Active