My mom needs help 1 week had surgery having a hard with recipes and coffee

JodieH
on 4/17/07 12:12 pm
My mom needs first week recipes,having problems with jazzing up clear and liquid stuff. She also drank coffee today. What do we do . she sees Dr. Lewis tomorrow,for her first check up. Thanks for what you can help with.Jodie
lorisb
on 4/17/07 11:33 pm - Vancouver, WA
My surgeon and nutritionist provided me with eating lists. I did mostly broths and stuff. I did egg drop soup, hot and sour soup and miso soup. I just didn't eat the "extras". I also added some flavorless whey protein to up my protein dose. You can actually have the broths from a lot of different types of soup (like chicken noodle). Lori
nanadebbie
on 4/25/07 11:40 am
Hi Jodie, I know how hard it is, I'm 8 days out from surgery. There just isn't much you can do while you are doing the complete liquid diet. You just have to have the mind set that it's fuel for your body at this point. The time will go by but this part of the healing period is so important. My daughter made me some homemade chicken broth. Let it cool and and then get the fat off. It's so good compared to Campbells or something. She froze them in an ice cube tray and I just take them out for eating. That way there's not a lot of waste. The fact is you just crave food, something to chew and get the physical satisfaction but you just have to bide your time. Maybe tommorrow the Dr. will tell you some more things she can eat. Vanilla protein shakes can be flavored with like espresso syrups but ideally they should be sugar free. For awhile you get a lot of sweet and you get tired of it. Never thought I'd say that...........................lol. Tell her to hang in there and I'll send a prayer up for her too. Good luck, Debbie
Most Active