Vitamin D 7

cheryl D.
on 4/2/07 11:06 am - bellingham, WA
Vitamin D is supposed to read 35 to ??? Mine is 7. I am boarder line osteoprosis and without vitamin D the calsium does not absorb. Does anyone know about vitamin D being to low. Does anyone know a surg. who does RNY near Bellingham and takes blue cross blue shield.. My gp who has been my gp for over 30 years accouding to his nurse practioner does not want to do it any more I am 5 years out Down 200 pounds. He has cared for me every since my surg. 5 years ago, but apparently is unconfortable with his ability to order the correct tests ect. I got this from his nurse practioner tonight as she was telling me about the vitamin D thing. I am in shock!! He never said anything and I have always felt he is a very good Dr. and have said so and brouth poeple to him. So far other than the iron a little low and potasium I have had little or no problems. kind of feel like what did I do?
auntlorlee
on 4/3/07 1:25 am - Bellingham, WA
Dr. Hughes and Dr. Benjanin in Bellingham have alot of patients who have had WLS. You might want to check them out. Good Luck! Lori
vitalady
on 4/3/07 11:20 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Actually, we'd like the vit D to be more like 60-70. Did they run a parathyroid on you, as well? If they're saying the iron is "a little low", it's WAY low. Did they run a ferritin? It's not unusual for them really not to know what to do with us. Chances are he'd order Rx vit D for you. We can't process that. It's D2 in oil and we need dry form D3. He'd also probably recommend 50,000 units/week, whereas yuo'll need more like 50,000 units/DAY (of the dry D3) to come out of it. Then later, you'd adjiust down to hold steady levels. Maybe I can help you with this privately?
cheryl D.
on 4/3/07 1:07 pm - bellingham, WA
Nope to the feritin. You are absolutly right!!
sopralto
on 4/10/07 3:08 pm - WA
It is common for people in our climate to have low vitamin D levels. Here are some recommendations: Which weight loss surgery did you have? 1. get outside 15minute a day in the sun when possible--should get easier as summer approaches. 2. Take 50,000units of dry vitamin D daily for 3 months then twice a week for 3 months. That is D3-50. You can get it from Vitalady in Puyallup 3. Eat foods high in vitamin D, esp. dairy and salmon. 4. Recheck you D levels in 3 months.
Most Active